The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 hand squeeze

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
matco Posted - 13/12/2011 : 18:07:59
Hi all, just a quick one, just got Caris(just been named) out for a few mins after work placed her on the floor then checked out her viv for mess. On picking her back up I let her crawl around a bit then noticed she had wraped herself twice around my four fingers and gave them a squeeze whilst looking at me will try to upload pic,
is it just a test for her?
not concerned just interested really.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
matco Posted - 14/12/2011 : 18:43:54
Got her out again tonight(every nite bar two,as feeding) and wouldnt leave my hand, think the room might of been a bit cold, just kept hold of my hand and looked around smelling stuff within reach, sort of like her own heated perch, quite cute :)
matco Posted - 13/12/2011 : 19:55:12
Just posted a ball type pic also
carlycorn Posted - 13/12/2011 : 19:25:53
Shes gorgeous.
Lotabob Posted - 13/12/2011 : 19:16:15
Haha Duke did the same thing to me when I held my first Royal in the reptile shop, I bought him that night, then had to wait 2 weeks while I sorted a viv out. You wait until Caris is Duke's size (4 foot & 1.5kg) and a friendly squeeze is amazingly strong and they aren't even trying, trying to wiggle your fingers and realising you cant, not even a little bit.It is a good sign though, a scared Royal rolls in a ball or even takes off trying to get away, wrapping round you is a sign its comfortable and stealing your hands warmth.
mystra Posted - 13/12/2011 : 18:55:17
awwww, that pic is s adorable! she's so sweeet!

Yeah she's obviously comfy holding on to you :D so nice! my Chancho held onto me in the shop and wouldn't let go.. so i was stuck with him haha
matco Posted - 13/12/2011 : 18:52:21
Thats good to hear, hope i'm gaining her trust.
n/a Posted - 13/12/2011 : 18:17:57
Aww she's lovely! I think that's just how they feel safest, wrapped round something - I would take it as a compliment; she obviously trusts you and feels comfortable on your hand.

When I first met Surahi she climbed on to my shoulder and wrapped herself around my neck and we instantly bonded...love at first coil!

Love the name Caris.
matco Posted - 13/12/2011 : 18:12:23

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000