hand squeeze
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

matco
Hatchling

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2011 :  18:07:59  Show Profile  Click to see matco's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all, just a quick one, just got Caris(just been named) out for a few mins after work placed her on the floor then checked out her viv for mess. On picking her back up I let her crawl around a bit then noticed she had wraped herself twice around my four fingers and gave them a squeeze whilst looking at me will try to upload pic,
is it just a test for her?
not concerned just interested really.

matco
Hatchling

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2011 :  18:12:23  Show Profile  Click to see matco's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2011 :  18:17:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww she's lovely! I think that's just how they feel safest, wrapped round something - I would take it as a compliment; she obviously trusts you and feels comfortable on your hand.

When I first met Surahi she climbed on to my shoulder and wrapped herself around my neck and we instantly bonded...love at first coil!

Love the name Caris.

Go to Top of Page

matco
Hatchling

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2011 :  18:52:21  Show Profile  Click to see matco's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats good to hear, hope i'm gaining her trust.
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2011 :  18:55:17  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
awwww, that pic is s adorable! she's so sweeet!

Yeah she's obviously comfy holding on to you :D so nice! my Chancho held onto me in the shop and wouldn't let go.. so i was stuck with him haha

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2011 :  19:16:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha Duke did the same thing to me when I held my first Royal in the reptile shop, I bought him that night, then had to wait 2 weeks while I sorted a viv out. You wait until Caris is Duke's size (4 foot & 1.5kg) and a friendly squeeze is amazingly strong and they aren't even trying, trying to wiggle your fingers and realising you cant, not even a little bit.It is a good sign though, a scared Royal rolls in a ball or even takes off trying to get away, wrapping round you is a sign its comfortable and stealing your hands warmth.

Go to Top of Page

carlycorn
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2011 :  19:25:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shes gorgeous.

1.0.0 Royal Python, Mister
0.0.1 Cornsnake, Carly/Charly
0.0.1 PacMan, Trig
0.1.0 Feline, Fluffy
1.1.0 Children, Ellen & Oscar
Go to Top of Page

matco
Hatchling

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2011 :  19:55:12  Show Profile  Click to see matco's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just posted a ball type pic also
Go to Top of Page

matco
Hatchling

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  18:43:54  Show Profile  Click to see matco's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Got her out again tonight(every nite bar two,as feeding) and wouldnt leave my hand, think the room might of been a bit cold, just kept hold of my hand and looked around smelling stuff within reach, sort of like her own heated perch, quite cute :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000