Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Just found great YouTube channel on snakes !!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  22:35:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's called snakebytestv you might of seen it but just look at the meanest snake video on handling funnest video I hvave seen in long time you got to have a look

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  22:43:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol I try and watch it most weeks just watched that episode tonight myself that satan is a BIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGG girl lmao

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  22:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would go near hear sometimes I get scared of a ball python hahahahaha
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  22:50:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been watching these guys every Wednesday after work for about a year, plus watching their entire back catalogue, and following them on Facebook. I think I'm addicted.

Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  23:09:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These guys are good, and portray our hobby so well and informatively, aswell as having such a great variety of snakes, BUT (there's always one isn't there :D haha) I don't like the fact that they do stupid things that result in the same guy (chewy ??) being bitten. Not necessary. Ruins the quality of what is otherwise, a good channel.
Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  23:14:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yerr but when you must say it is funny sometimes
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  00:31:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL I love Snakebyte and Chewy even though sometimes I want to smack him for teasing the snakes. Another channel you might like is Viperkeeper's - he only deals with venomous snakes and as a result his methods aren't quite snake keeping as we know it, plus he takes risks he warns the rest of us not to (quite rightly) but he's really cool and amusing and informative and the snakes are outasite!

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  00:49:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think the reason they make chewy get bit it to show us it isnt really that bad , i do agree they tease them which isnt so great , but we all giggle at each other when we get bit and want pics , kinda what they do with him and he does make me giggle . i like the boa vid they did the other week

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  01:06:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What type snake is satin is he/she burm
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  01:21:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Burmese python - have just watched that vid and must say I'D be in a permanent bad temper if I had to live permanently curled up in something like a car boot ...still love snakebyte but thought Brian B had said he was upgrading his big snakes' enclosures to something more spacious ...my sympathies are with Satan ...plus ouija isn't a joke.

It's a cool channel and usually I do love it but BHB needs to rehouse Satan; she isn't possessed; she needs more space ...

Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Yearling

United Kingdom
455 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  10:07:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
been watching snakebytes for ages! my wife found it one day on a random youtube trawl and we ended up spending two days straight watching them all.
the only problem with it is it just makes me want more snakes! il see one on there and my collection wont be complete until i have it, but there is no way of affording some of the ones they show!

1.1.0 corns (amel + carolina)
2.3.0 normal, fire, pastel and 2 bumblebee royals
1.0.0 jungle carpet python
Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  10:54:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know they Evan have 2 headed snakes
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  11:24:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - I was just about to post - Brian B's balls are amazing ...no, that will not do!

What I mean to say is, the royals he breeds are out of this world ...

Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  18:45:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonder how much everything costs every snake and all he racks
Go to Top of Page

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  21:06:02  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Great show, there is also a campaign running on facebook to get it on tv which would be awesome imo

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
2.0.0 Normal - George & Kairo
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko - Leo
0.0.1 Crocodile gecko - Pheonix

Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  22:10:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would be great all the research I done and could of got most of it on their videos
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  23:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are already doing TV work though they've not revealed what and to what extent.

I remember Brian saying about the chewy getting bit thing as a difficult thing to do as most snakes don't bite, you'll notice that they use the same 4-5 snakes in the bite scenes because they are the few that will readily bite, they don't so much tease them, they are just highly strung and will readily bite when handled. I find this part very funny because even though they are allowing someone to get bit they still handle it correctly, they don't rip them off etc so in a way as well as been funny it does show you how to respond to a bite (maybe without all the girly screaming) so I can laugh at it with a clean conscience.

I do agree with BATS though, those draws in my opinion are not what I would consider adequate living conditions but I think the same thing about all racks, snakes like small spaces but I would much prefer to provide a small place within a larger enclosure to give them the option to roam, see the outside world if only through a window. But then I don't see my animals as breeding stock, they are pets and that makes it vastly different to how a breeder would keep their animals, I can happily devote an hour a day on three snakes, they have 1000 to deal with in that time so the smaller option is the cleaner healthier option so I do see both sides of the argument.

All in all I am addicted to it, I watch it every Wednesday as soon as I get home from work, I wish it was a bit longer and filled with a bit more of Brian's bibble babble bulls**t (the shows words not mine) because he does really know his stuff.

Go to Top of Page

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  15:56:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
All in all I am addicted to it, I watch it every Wednesday as soon as I get home from work, I wish it was a bit longer and filled with a bit more of Brian's bibble babble bulls**t (the shows words not mine) because he does really know his stuff.

I think it would be great,with just Brian's bibble babble bulls**t,And non of the silly stuff added.

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  18:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah but I must admit I love chewy and if he didn't have the other people he would be working all day so he kinda needs them
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  19:11:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Chewy's my favourite too (well we have the same hairdo lol!) even if I do shout at him sometimes!

Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  19:26:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you think it is all a act ? I do I think he does exaggerate
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly