The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Need help please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mark_92 Posted - 20/12/2011 : 23:23:50
Hi peoples, im just wandering as one of my friends has just bought himself a royal and is wanting to sell the viv that came with the royal. Its a 2 foot viv so im thinking that will do " biggie" a little while, but he thinks the royal has a RI so i was thinking would the viv be safe for my royal if i used reptile friendly disinfectant? and which brand ect would i need for this?

Any help would be really useful Thanks.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
markmifsud Posted - 21/12/2011 : 18:02:52
I think you have made the best decision, it wasnt that cheap in the first place, and with a small possibility of cross contamination thrown in, it just wasnt worth the risk.
mark_92 Posted - 21/12/2011 : 16:17:06
Thanks Bats, think im going to get a brand new 3 footer me thinks. Don't want to risk the chance of a RI lol
n/a Posted - 21/12/2011 : 15:38:37
http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/vivexotic-lx24-ellmau-beech.html

You can get a brand new 2' flatpack for about £34 and I think delivery is about a fiver, so for the viv alone, given your doubts about it, no.

If it comes with some kit then it would be better value, but given the possible presence of RI, I'd personally look elsewhere for secondhand, or go for a new viv, and maybe even get a three footer that he'll still use when he's older and pack it out well with plants/hides etc, but that's just my opinion.
mark_92 Posted - 21/12/2011 : 00:20:11
Just had a quick look on google and i cant really find anything about making sure the infection goes away from the viv, also do you think that £30 is a decent price for the viv?
n/a Posted - 20/12/2011 : 23:53:01
F10 is brilliant but personally I wouldn't buy the viv if a previous occupant was suspected of having a RI.
mark_92 Posted - 20/12/2011 : 23:43:16
Alright cheers mate, i wasn't to sure if i would be able to completely remove the infection.
Kelfezond Posted - 20/12/2011 : 23:32:18
F10 is a good disinfectant for stuff like that :) im sure you can find it if you google about

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000