Need help please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mark_92
Yearling

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2011 :  23:23:50  Show Profile  Click to see mark_92's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi peoples, im just wandering as one of my friends has just bought himself a royal and is wanting to sell the viv that came with the royal. Its a 2 foot viv so im thinking that will do " biggie" a little while, but he thinks the royal has a RI so i was thinking would the viv be safe for my royal if i used reptile friendly disinfectant? and which brand ect would i need for this?

Any help would be really useful Thanks.

Reptile list.

Normal Royal python "Biggie" ( female )
Normal Royal python ( male )

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2011 :  23:32:18  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
F10 is a good disinfectant for stuff like that :) im sure you can find it if you google about

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

mark_92
Yearling

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2011 :  23:43:16  Show Profile  Click to see mark_92's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Alright cheers mate, i wasn't to sure if i would be able to completely remove the infection.

Reptile list.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2011 :  23:53:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
F10 is brilliant but personally I wouldn't buy the viv if a previous occupant was suspected of having a RI.

Go to Top of Page

mark_92
Yearling

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2011 :  00:20:11  Show Profile  Click to see mark_92's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just had a quick look on google and i cant really find anything about making sure the infection goes away from the viv, also do you think that £30 is a decent price for the viv?

Reptile list.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2011 :  15:38:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/vivexotic-lx24-ellmau-beech.html

You can get a brand new 2' flatpack for about £34 and I think delivery is about a fiver, so for the viv alone, given your doubts about it, no.

If it comes with some kit then it would be better value, but given the possible presence of RI, I'd personally look elsewhere for secondhand, or go for a new viv, and maybe even get a three footer that he'll still use when he's older and pack it out well with plants/hides etc, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by - n/a on 21/12/2011 15:40:02
Go to Top of Page

mark_92
Yearling

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2011 :  16:17:06  Show Profile  Click to see mark_92's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bats, think im going to get a brand new 3 footer me thinks. Don't want to risk the chance of a RI lol

Reptile list.

Go to Top of Page

markmifsud
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2011 :  18:02:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you have made the best decision, it wasnt that cheap in the first place, and with a small possibility of cross contamination thrown in, it just wasnt worth the risk.

1.1.0 Pastal Ball
1.0.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)
0.1.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)

Bromley. SE London
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000