The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Should I feed him??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hannah2016 Posted - 28/12/2011 : 17:14:14
So I know your ment to give them a week to settel in, but should I try anyways?? iv had him since saturday and he's been out for hours every evening exploring. He's pooped already - which im taking as him making him self at home. I wouldnt have even asked if I knew if he fed last week. See, I went to see him fed last week and he refused, but I forgot to ask if he did when I picked him up. I know they can go for ages with out but should I try anyways and see how it goes??
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 28/12/2011 : 22:12:19
haha you might be waiting a while, Royals can be a pain to get settled in, took Duke 3 weeks before he fed and then the 3 consecutive feeds before handling meant I didnt really get to handle Duke for nearly 7 weeks.
n/a Posted - 28/12/2011 : 21:46:46
Lol - all royal owners are paranoid, and no matter how many snakes you have, it's always a relief when a newcomer eats for the first time.

All the best for the next feed.
hannah2016 Posted - 28/12/2011 : 21:20:20
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Yes - you might as well leave it. Make sure it's in the cool end where it can't go rancid, and don't be too downcast as they'll often refuse a first meal. My Shadrach did, and then ate his second, and then today, his third, he was a little tiger, striking madly.

How old is Koda, and what is his weight? This is a good guide as to whether a royal's underweight or not -

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4437

Good luck for tonight/next

Thanks for the help, people areguessing around 6 months. Im not sure about weight, I dont have scales. I doubt he is under weight, I bet im just being a paronid new royal owner. But im not a new snake owner, so im not too worryed about him missing the meal. And if I had'nt been too excited about seeing him strike I wouldn't have even tryed to feed him anyway.
n/a Posted - 28/12/2011 : 19:09:39
Yes - you might as well leave it. Make sure it's in the cool end where it can't go rancid, and don't be too downcast as they'll often refuse a first meal. My Shadrach did, and then ate his second, and then today, his third, he was a little tiger, striking madly.

How old is Koda, and what is his weight? This is a good guide as to whether a royal's underweight or not -

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4437

Good luck for tonight/next week!
hannah2016 Posted - 28/12/2011 : 18:59:00
I tryed and no luck. Should I leave it in there and turn out the lights?? My corn was a really shy eater when I first got her and would only eat when she knew I wasnt watching. Of course ill try again next week, but I think he may be under weight as you can see his spine
n/a Posted - 28/12/2011 : 17:22:45
Ah Blackskull we overlapped!
n/a Posted - 28/12/2011 : 17:21:44
Sounds like your gut instinct is to try - and it's been 5 days. In your place I would - but if he refuses, don't push him and leave another week before your next attempt if he's over 400g - 5 days if he's under that weight.

Give the rat's nose a right good warm before you present it on tongs - 30 secs with the hairdryer and try to let the ratty pong blow into his enclosure and see if he puts his nose out of his hide like a Bisto kid.

All the best!
blackskull Posted - 28/12/2011 : 17:19:58
it wouldn't hurt to offer. i always offer any new snake on feeding night, unless they fed a couple of days before.

its up to you, won't do any harm if you offer or leave for a week

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000