The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Garden shopping.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Se7enS1ns Posted - 18/03/2012 : 19:10:18
So Ifrits viv was looking a little bare, and since I spent all my money on buying him, I decided to go shopping for free in my garden, and here's the result...

I happen to be quite the geology buff, so I used my knowledge to pick out what I believe are; a large corner shaped one, a big square one, a rare flat triangle, and a more common garden variety long flat one

They were all scrubbed in the shower, soaked in boiling water with a bit of bleach, scrubbed in the shower again, and rinsed off again in cold water, then left to dry in the sun.

I'm sure Ifrit will have a good climb later on!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Se7enS1ns Posted - 19/03/2012 : 17:40:01
I think it's great, like you say Toggsy, makes for fun scrounging for suitable rocks etc - beats paying £3 a kilo from the petshop too!

Going to look for some hardwood fallen branches next time I'm out on the bike and bake them in the oven to kill off any nasties.
n/a Posted - 18/03/2012 : 23:07:21
Funny you should post this we've just been beach combing in Weymouth today looking for some nice pebbles for our vivs with my 7 year old son and we got a load soaking in some bleach as we speak.
Made a nice day out we all had fun looking for various shapes and colours.
It's great when you can decorate a viv fro free
n/a Posted - 18/03/2012 : 19:45:29
They look great. I sometimes raid the garden myself - my Ziska has 3 big sea pebbles underneath her IR as 'hot rocks' to bask on. I think customising your vivs with natural stuff like that is cool - and free too.
Se7enS1ns Posted - 18/03/2012 : 19:43:36
Was going to get some wood too, but we only have conifers, so think I'll stick to buying that from the shop!
Lotabob Posted - 18/03/2012 : 19:27:51
Make sure he cant drag them over onto himself. Found stuff is always nicest. lol.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000