The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 When is a hatchling not a hatchling?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Meadow Posted - 18/04/2012 : 22:27:49
...and other wonderings

Just curious to know really I've seen some recent adverts on various sites mentioning CB11 hatchlings, and wondered, since we're now part way through 2012, when do the CB11 hatchlings stop being hatchlings, and what do they turn into then (would it be a year, and therefore they'd turn into yearlings?)

If I'm looking to buy a CB12 hatchling, am I looking too early at the moment? Are the vast majority of them hatched later in the year than this?

Will a CB12 royal python be one that is hatched in 2012, or has the laying of the eggs got something to do with the CB** status?

Is it fairly difficult to get a normal royal hatchling from a breeder, since most breeders breed for different morphs?

ok, that was more questions than I was intending, thanks if you got this far
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 18/04/2012 : 22:59:58
http://www.ballpython.ca/gallery/breeding.html

see under 'done like dinner' pic - this guy was 5 months!!!

not to be recommended but well ...not hatchling but teen royal dad lol!
Lotabob Posted - 18/04/2012 : 22:53:12
I'd say upto 12 months they are hatchlings and then as you say, they become yearlings. I suppose technically they are adult when they can breed.
Se7enS1ns Posted - 18/04/2012 : 22:40:39
You should pick up a CB12 male "Normal" for pittance from a private breeder - as sad as it is, they are "surplus to requirements" - and are just another mouth to feed with no real return.

-EDIT: Sorry BaTS, crossed!
n/a Posted - 18/04/2012 : 22:39:40
I'd say cb11s are now young adults ...but may be classed as hatchlings. Though not imo.

The year when a snake hatches out is its birth year.

Loads of breeders will be presently churning out the expensive morphs ...and also the unwanted normals. These ought to be going for a modest price as they're basically surplus to requirements, unless they're 100% het for something. With papers.

Happy hunting!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000