The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Woo I am going to share with you a story

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotabob Posted - 18/04/2012 : 23:37:37
OK Harley my crested Gecko has been a troublesome feeder. He refused point blank to eat crested gecko food, I tried everything, but in the end resorted to feeding gecko food gut loaded insects once a week with a little bowl of gecko diet available 24/7. Over winter he started to look very skinny and I started to worry about him a lot but knew it wasn't due to anything I was doing so had to just keep trying.

Anyway so this is the positive bit. about a month ago I bought some Nutrobal and very very very lightly dusted a roach once a week and left the gecko diet in for him and he has started eating the Gecko food, He will eat about half a milk bottle top every 2 days with a 1 day gap. I dont know if the nutrobal gave him that little boost he needed but now he is eating the gecko diet I dont need to nutrobal him as its got everything he needs.

PS I dont recommend Nutrobal for such a small animal, I was very lightly dusting the roaches legs (not an easy task) but I had Nutrobal that I will give to the snakes once a month and decided to give it a try as a last resort before force feeding him.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 19/04/2012 : 22:25:00
Its a vitamin supplement and once a month or so. Its not required but it wont do any harm either might even do some good.
n/a Posted - 19/04/2012 : 22:13:54
Oh well, corns. Say no more.

Errm what on earth are you feeding a corn supplements for?

Me, I'm worrying about are all my girls' asses too big - great lumps!!! Corns imo dine not wisely but too well!

Lotabob Posted - 19/04/2012 : 22:03:36
Oh without doubt they will be aware something is different but well time will tell if they will take it, Spot did no issues but he is a pig.
n/a Posted - 19/04/2012 : 21:58:10
The snake will know ....
Lotabob Posted - 19/04/2012 : 21:55:00
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Ummm...how do you propose to administer it? If snakey craftily sniffs a coated mouse from head to toe, it's going to smell a rat lol. Only other way is to dilute the powder and use a syringe to shoot the solution up the rodent's backside??

(Mind busily boggling lol!)

Haha its one pinch per kilo so its a very small amount of powder indeed, and I think the mouth or ear is a much easier orifice to pop it in.
n/a Posted - 19/04/2012 : 21:03:52
Ummm...how do you propose to administer it? If snakey craftily sniffs a coated mouse from head to toe, it's going to smell a rat lol. Only other way is to dilute the powder and use a syringe to shoot the solution up the rodent's backside??

(Mind busily boggling lol!)
Lotabob Posted - 19/04/2012 : 20:09:26
quote:
Originally posted by chrisc

do snakes benifit from having nutrobal?

In the right dose it can be beneficial but it is just a little bit of extra vitamins etc, its not required but from time to time I think it can be beneficial.
ppl_clectr Posted - 19/04/2012 : 19:38:32
I cheat and make smoothies from fruit and plain yogurt for my 2. I add the Repashy diet to it, as my boys don't like the gecko diet on its own, and they eat it like crazy.
mr_luke Posted - 19/04/2012 : 17:12:39
I may have to try this! my crestie is a pain in the backside for not eating his CGD, he eats crickets like a champ but doesnt seem interested in his gecko diet at all
chrisc Posted - 19/04/2012 : 16:50:26
good to hear hes eating better.
do snakes benifit from having nutrobal?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000