The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Feeding question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ajokocha Posted - 25/05/2012 : 22:39:51
Hello people. Just a quick question, well this week I have successfully switched my royals from large mice to small weaner rats, some of the weaner rats are much bigger than the large mice they was on. Should I change the length of time between feeds. Say from 5 days to 7? Due to the increase in size of food, to give them a little longer to digest. Ive seen the feeding guide on here that says any royal under 400g to be fed every 5 days. They both weigh around 300g. Thank you in advance :)
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ajokocha Posted - 26/05/2012 : 05:59:17
It is a bugger. The rats weigh range from 32g to the largest which is 56g. They are roughly the same girth as our boys are lovely and chunky :). And at 300g each I calculate 10-15% of there body weight to be around 45g so should be ok, just wanted some reassurance.
n/a Posted - 25/05/2012 : 23:11:43
This is a bugger.

I wish I'd got my last consignment of rodents from A&N, who give specific weights which are reliable. As to the others, a 'weaner' can mean anything from a tiddler to a bloody capybara ...very very annoying!

As long as you go by the girth guide ie feed a rat whose girth is no bigger than the royal's girth, you're safe to go by Blackecho's guide. A young animal needs to eat more than an adult and no harm.

I really wouldn't feed a rodent with a larger girth than a royal, to that royal. In fact I'd sooner under-feed than over-feed.

Sorry if this isn't much help - realise that if you're buying from a shop you may have to take what you can get.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000