The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 dry skin on head again! :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
theonlydarrenever Posted - 06/08/2009 : 18:52:49
so coco has dry skin on her head again. this happened last month and when she shed it went away. this month seems a bit worse than last. i have given her viv a little spray to try and lift humidity and i've not long given her a bath to see if that helps.

is there anything else anyone can suggest to stop this in future? it's really bugging me
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boze Posted - 10/08/2009 : 11:00:47
+1 Thanks for the reply GP
theonlydarrenever Posted - 09/08/2009 : 22:55:15
nice one gp, i'll do that when i notice her back to normal after going blue. i've not had to rub at her head at all since ive had her, last time i tried to keep the humidity up and it sorted itself out after a shed. hopefully it'll be okay again after the next shed, but i will try the damp hide instead of her cool hide.

i should have some more room soon as i'm moving her into a slightly bigger viv sometime this week :)
Gingerpony Posted - 09/08/2009 : 22:13:08
their eyes go blue and then clear again so it's possible you missed that phase as the rest of the description sounds right. adding a damp hide or two will increase humidity but as long as it's short-term your royal should be fine
boze Posted - 09/08/2009 : 18:49:40
Can I hi-jack this thread for a quick related question? Ive not noticed my wee girls eyes going cloudy yet but she has got a wee dent in one of them and a slight blue tinge on some bits of her body so I assume shes shedding. Have I missed her eyes going cloudy or is it yet to happen? Ive added one damp hide in the cool end, wont it raise the humidity too much if I put one in the warm end too? Sorry if I should have made a new thread...

D
Gingerpony Posted - 08/08/2009 : 18:07:18
if you've had to rub at that patch before then the scales have potentially had some slight damage but should recover in a few good sheds.
after her eyes have gone blue then cleared THEN add a damp hide, take out her usual hides so she has to use a damp one and provide one at either end if necessary. damp sphagnum moss is best for this. keeping the humidity up in the few days running up to her shedding means she should be able to do it herself........ also make sure you provide something for her to rub against to remove the skin!
theonlydarrenever Posted - 06/08/2009 : 19:58:58
she sheds but for some reason her heads dry. im not sure if shes got a damaged scale or something.
dazb Posted - 06/08/2009 : 19:16:22
Only a moist hide mate...I dont personally need them with my royals and get good sheds, but some people highly recommend them and use them all the time.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000