The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 my first python wont poo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bob Posted - 10/11/2009 : 16:38:31
hi had monty about 2 weeks now shes eaten twice and looks very healthy shes also happy to be held
montys about 5 months old i'm keeping her in a small plastic viv roughly 12x18 and 7 high she has 2 hides and plenty of water i've only got her on a heat matt until she goes into a bigger viv humidity always around 50% but no poo as yet should i be worried???
i've had 2 corns for years just a little worried thanks bob
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ajcshx Posted - 19/11/2009 : 18:56:14
sometimes just handling them is enough to get them started so watch out for that
bob Posted - 13/11/2009 : 16:10:02
hi great news came home to find monty had been to the toilet woohoo a huge amount aswell so i'm hoping alls ok
yardy Posted - 11/11/2009 : 13:42:11
Thanks for the info-I used to have calis who produced all sorts of waste each time they fed. I only fed my royals once so far, last week, and was wondering why no poo? I have found a pretty small oval of urea but thought maybe they should pass more before I fed them again. Will defo offer food tonight now i know that lack of obvious waste isn't a problem-they certainly looked like they wanted feeding last night.
bob Posted - 10/11/2009 : 22:44:57
thank you all and as bad as its gonna be i'll feel better when shes been do you think the viv is adequate? and how long before i set up a bigger 1? thanks again all
reptilekeeper1992 Posted - 10/11/2009 : 20:12:22
same as above, and yes you will wish he keeps it in!!!
Boo had a clean out yesterday, put everything in place then she decided to go in the most awkward of places and have a solid wee (urate), liquid wee and poo all at once so that it turned to mush and it was all in the wood chipping
not nice, had to take everything out again!!!!
good luck
Blackecho Posted - 10/11/2009 : 16:57:32
As above, mine are roughly 4-6 weeks.
sexychef Posted - 10/11/2009 : 16:42:10
dont worry bout the lack of poo, royals tend to poo once every 4-6weeks or when they shed. trust me you will be happy that they only poo that often hehe

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000