The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Weight update.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
clunch Posted - 23/08/2010 : 10:38:40
Ok my royal hasnt eaten for a good few months now and just to update you guys on his weight flucuation. On the 8th of last month he weighted 625g and as of yesterday he was 611g. so a drop of about 14g. Is that a worrying drop in weight? also how do you guys prepare you snakes food? cheers
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
clunch Posted - 23/08/2010 : 13:31:59
ok thanks for the feedback. i will try these methods and see if i have more luck. cheers
Blackecho Posted - 23/08/2010 : 13:26:17
14g is insignificant, don't worry.

I get my rats out in the morning and allow to defrost at romo temperature near the viv, then blast for 30 secs with a hair drier before offering.
boze Posted - 23/08/2010 : 13:02:52
I wouldnt be too worried yet, that may have been the weight of a pee or poo :-)

To prepare the rat I put it in a wee plastic bag and leave it on top of sals viv for a few hours to defrost at room temp, once its done I pop it in a cup of warm water for about 5 mins to warm up the whole rat, then dip the rats head in hot water for about 30 seconds. The reason for this is to superheat the head to aid the snake in striking as they "see" the heat from the prey.

Hope this helps

D
fiestastlou Posted - 23/08/2010 : 11:35:25
I cant answer the question about the weight, but when we prepare food, we fill a cup of hot water from the tap, We where advised not to put boiling water from a kettle as its to hot, we then put the mice in there til they have defrosted then feed them straight away to the royal and corns so their still warm.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000