The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Ezio is bleeding :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
aracanid Posted - 08/09/2010 : 18:04:55
Hey there, my poor little Royal Ezio seems to be bleeding however it isn't rubbing off onto any surfaces or anything so I have assumed that its underneath his scales, and not a cut because I cannot see one as of yet. He is only after having his eyes turn clear again after being 'in blue' and so I would like to know if it is possible for a snake to bleed during shedding? Its coming from the underneath of him, right in the middle of his body. Any help at all would be nice, cheers,

Justin
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
heaton177 Posted - 11/09/2010 : 11:19:21
good news. you have any idea what caused this yet?
Blackecho Posted - 11/09/2010 : 08:10:04
Very odd, but good news.
Kelfezond Posted - 10/09/2010 : 22:10:51
Good to hear it's nothing too serious :)
n/a Posted - 10/09/2010 : 21:48:57
Hi, that's good to hear - I'm going to check on my vivs too, just in case. All the best for the future!
aracanid Posted - 10/09/2010 : 19:02:20
Okie dokie guys, I picked him up today to see how is was after his bath, and the whole "bruised" look that he had is now gone, all that remains is some patches of dried blood close to the bottom of a few scales in that area, so I think he had just caught his scales on something... Im now in the process of removing whatever may have caused it(once I figure that out) Thanks again for the reassurance :)
mischang Posted - 09/09/2010 : 20:57:05
he may of got some shed stuck and just kept bubbing ,i'd put him on line ing paper in viv so u can see if he is losing blood or is it undernether scales if that makes sense
heaton177 Posted - 09/09/2010 : 17:36:41
poor ezio, hope hes alright.

would it be worth trying to put sudocrem on it to see if it works?
i would wait to see if any of the more exprierenced snake owners agree befor you try, as i mite be wrong.

but i dont ave a clue in the problem.
hope he gets well soon
Snecklifter Posted - 09/09/2010 : 12:33:31
Oh poor Ezio! I hope it gets better soon.
aracanid Posted - 08/09/2010 : 22:53:22
Well he got a bath, it didnt seem to remove much blood, so I have assumed that the blood is under the scales. On the plus side, he really enjoyed the bath. Ill let you know if I figure it out
Kelfezond Posted - 08/09/2010 : 21:37:55
Looks a bit nasty, hope Ezio is okay :)

Goodluck with finding it out, im sure he'll be fine, looks like a tough little bugger ^^
Blackecho Posted - 08/09/2010 : 19:18:21
Its quite common for a small spot of blood during the shedding process, but that looks like quite a lot. As MC says, you'll be able to see better once you get it washed.
aracanid Posted - 08/09/2010 : 18:41:34
Okay, thats good. Thanks alot guys! Ill bath him and then ill update you if I find out anymore information. Thanks again for your help :)
MissCat Posted - 08/09/2010 : 18:39:30
doesn't look like a burn, looks to me like he's caught the scales on something
aracanid Posted - 08/09/2010 : 18:35:44
I actually heating up the water to do just that right now :) I was hoping it would make him feel better, Im very afraid that he may be in pain is all, which I really dont want. I dont think its a burn, it really doesnt look like one
MissCat Posted - 08/09/2010 : 18:34:08
Have you tried gently bathing it to get rid of any blood off of teh outside...you might be able to see where its coming from.
aracanid Posted - 08/09/2010 : 18:28:38
Okay, I just spend a good bit longer looking at him and it seems some blood has rubbed off lower down him, but the bit in the middle almost looks like a bruise, and the scales are sitting at an angle. Heres some picture, abeit on a poor quality camera, sorry :( Im kinda worried now...

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/aracanid/SAM_1392.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/aracanid/SAM_1397.jpg

n/a Posted - 08/09/2010 : 18:14:31
Hi, I've heard it's normal for them to pass a little blood from the vent while shedding, though haven't seen it yet during my royal's shed. Could it be that this happened and the blood got smeared on his middle?

Hopefully there will be someone along soon who is more experienced. All the best.
boze Posted - 08/09/2010 : 18:12:16
Where from? Did you just find blood somewhere? Some times theres a tiny bit of blood on sals shed when shes done...

Can you post a couple of clear pictures? Its really hard to know for sure without pics :-)

D
Welly Posted - 08/09/2010 : 18:10:18
Is it in the middle of his body or from his cloaca?
MissCat Posted - 08/09/2010 : 18:10:07
Is it possible he's caught a scale on something? Can you post a picture?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000