The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 caramac not feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sexychef Posted - 15/01/2009 : 09:26:17
caramac has just stopped eating,

first things first she is an cb08 of a health size just under 500g and about 3-3.5 foot long.

we hoved viv size between christmas and new year and she has refused both feeds while she has been in there. (the temps are fine)

she was living in a 9l RUB before this and would not strike feed. we had to just leave a rat weaner at the mouth of her hide and by the morning it would be gone.

but now she just leaves it and moves to the other hide.

would like to now if there is anything i could do to help her feed again.

also when we got her she was on 30grm weaners and have been moving her due to the sizes we had and her last 2 feeds have been 44grm is that too big. she had taken a 40grm 1 though.

sorry bout the waffle. but it just saves a wee bit of time as i no you lot like as much info as possible.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackecho Posted - 12/04/2009 : 22:01:35
7g in 3.5 months is very little and shows that its just a natural fast and not an illness of any sort in my opinion.

Sure it will change soon with the longer days and warmer weather.
sexychef Posted - 12/04/2009 : 21:51:07
363-356grms
Blackecho Posted - 12/04/2009 : 21:37:09
How's the weight SC?
sexychef Posted - 12/04/2009 : 21:14:51
caramac is still not feeding tried all sizes of rats and mice getting fed up of flushing rodents 4months now.
lee2308 Posted - 26/02/2009 : 17:42:36
Hi bonnielass and welcome to the forum,your not the only one having probs,2 weeks is nothing to worrie about.Royals can go months without eating,if it contiues just keep an eye on his weight.How about telling us a little about yourself and your snake in the introduction section.
wolfspirit Posted - 26/02/2009 : 07:01:07
did he stop feeding after he shed?
bonnielass22 Posted - 25/02/2009 : 23:22:21
i have had my python sydney for 1 month now he is 2mths old, he has had his first shead and eaten every week to 10 days but now i cant get him intrested in his food, it has been 15 days now im gettin worried now. he loves to be handeld as he comes to the window when he sees me and does not want to go back into his tank can anyone help me how long will this not eatin last

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000