caramac not feeding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2009 :  09:26:17  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
caramac has just stopped eating,

first things first she is an cb08 of a health size just under 500g and about 3-3.5 foot long.

we hoved viv size between christmas and new year and she has refused both feeds while she has been in there. (the temps are fine)

she was living in a 9l RUB before this and would not strike feed. we had to just leave a rat weaner at the mouth of her hide and by the morning it would be gone.

but now she just leaves it and moves to the other hide.

would like to now if there is anything i could do to help her feed again.

also when we got her she was on 30grm weaners and have been moving her due to the sizes we had and her last 2 feeds have been 44grm is that too big. she had taken a 40grm 1 though.

sorry bout the waffle. but it just saves a wee bit of time as i no you lot like as much info as possible.

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake

bonnielass22
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  23:22:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have had my python sydney for 1 month now he is 2mths old, he has had his first shead and eaten every week to 10 days but now i cant get him intrested in his food, it has been 15 days now im gettin worried now. he loves to be handeld as he comes to the window when he sees me and does not want to go back into his tank can anyone help me how long will this not eatin last
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  07:01:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did he stop feeding after he shed?

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  17:42:36  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi bonnielass and welcome to the forum,your not the only one having probs,2 weeks is nothing to worrie about.Royals can go months without eating,if it contiues just keep an eye on his weight.How about telling us a little about yourself and your snake in the introduction section.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  21:14:51  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
caramac is still not feeding tried all sizes of rats and mice getting fed up of flushing rodents 4months now.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  21:37:09  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How's the weight SC?

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  21:51:07  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
363-356grms

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  22:01:35  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
7g in 3.5 months is very little and shows that its just a natural fast and not an illness of any sort in my opinion.

Sure it will change soon with the longer days and warmer weather.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000