The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Small lump????

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
acd1984 Posted - 23/07/2011 : 21:48:41
Hi guys just noticed today that my lil baby george has got a small lump on the side of his neck. its probably too small to photograph.

does anyone know what this could be and if its something to worry about?

i only noticed because he was periscoping to my face otherwise i probably wouldnt have seen it.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
acd1984 Posted - 24/07/2011 : 03:13:58
Thanks for your advice guys, much appreciated. im sure it will be fine and il keep my eye on it.

it could be new or it could have been there since birth.
Lotabob Posted - 24/07/2011 : 00:39:02
I'd not worry, just keep an eye on it, he may have slightly caught himself on something, if it getting any bigger or becomes hardened then its worth while seeing a vet. It will more than likely disappear though.
acd1984 Posted - 23/07/2011 : 23:37:44
Hi guys, he was in my hands periscoping to my face thats how i spotted it, it is soft not hard, I suppose it could just be a fat lump, it didnt seem to hurt him when I touched it.

I also give him a good inspection and im pretty sure its not mites under the scales either.

Lotabob Posted - 23/07/2011 : 22:24:49
I've been looking at pictures of Duke periscoping and their 'neck' isn't very long, was George on the ground, it may have just been where the body widens for lungs etc spreading over the ground or if picked up maybe contracted muscles. Could you feel the lump or is it only visible.

Not very clear but see how just after the bit thats lifted there is a bit more 'neck' then he does get thicker,
n/a Posted - 23/07/2011 : 22:20:57
Can you actually feel a hard lump there? If so, then it probably is a bony lump/kink - though in a pet snake this isn't a disaster.

All the best.
acd1984 Posted - 23/07/2011 : 22:12:12
if you look at my sig, look at the alien head on the very left, and just under the left eye (so to speak) is where it is
n/a Posted - 23/07/2011 : 21:59:56
Hi, Bigdon, sorry to hear. Can you feel the lump and suss out where it is? Worst case scenario is a spinal kink - which many snakes have, and which needn't impair their feeding/quality of life. It's not a good idea to breed from them in case it's genetic (though this isn't always the case.)

However, sometimes, 'lumps' may appear simply as a result of muscle bunching as the snake moves along.

Do hope it isn't anything much - and hopefully there will be someone more experienced than me along soon. All the best.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000