The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Breeding
 Gettting eggy ;)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
clodove-xx Posted - 04/08/2012 : 20:19:08
Hi, ive got a male python and a couple of friends have encouraged me to start breeding him, ive been to look at some females today and the idea is growing on me. so just a few questions, how come the temps need to be dropped and how to i go about doing this if my heat mat is at a certain temp, and how will i know if she is pregnant or not? also how long are they pregnant for? thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hodgie Posted - 31/08/2012 : 15:10:33
As above but there's also another reason to lower the temps. Sperm will be healthier and will have a longer life span in cooler temps. And as the female will retain the sperm for what could be months then some breeders want every chance possible.
Kelfezond Posted - 15/08/2012 : 17:27:16
The temps don't need to be dropped but most breedings do it, this si to replicate the season changing as they would do naturally, when it becomes colder they know it's time to breed soon :)
konrad1982 Posted - 07/08/2012 : 14:31:39
Your heat mat is at certain temp only if you use a thermostat.If you don't have thermostat your heat mat will reach a max temp which will affect your snakes health and life. If you don't know enough about controlling temp I wouldnt recommend breading right now. Just my personal opinion.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 04/08/2012 : 20:29:12
Take a lok here
Clodove

Should cover it
http://www.ballpython.ca/gallery/breeding.html

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000