New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clodove-xx
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  20:19:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, ive got a male python and a couple of friends have encouraged me to start breeding him, ive been to look at some females today and the idea is growing on me. so just a few questions, how come the temps need to be dropped and how to i go about doing this if my heat mat is at a certain temp, and how will i know if she is pregnant or not? also how long are they pregnant for? thanks

if its too good to be true then it probably is... unless its royals, gotta have royals

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  20:29:12  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Take a lok here
Clodove

Should cover it
http://www.ballpython.ca/gallery/breeding.html

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

konrad1982
Yearling

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  14:31:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your heat mat is at certain temp only if you use a thermostat.If you don't have thermostat your heat mat will reach a max temp which will affect your snakes health and life. If you don't know enough about controlling temp I wouldnt recommend breading right now. Just my personal opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2012 :  17:27:16  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The temps don't need to be dropped but most breedings do it, this si to replicate the season changing as they would do naturally, when it becomes colder they know it's time to breed soon :)

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2012 :  15:10:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As above but there's also another reason to lower the temps. Sperm will be healthier and will have a longer life span in cooler temps. And as the female will retain the sperm for what could be months then some breeders want every chance possible.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000