New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

drew0z
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2012 :  20:54:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi guys can any one help me understand more about ressesive morphs and breeding of them as my understanding was reciessive morphs you can only get from breeding a pair of them together ? but how is it it can tranfer for example axanthic +axanthic = axanthic
but how it it when u breed a for example
axanthic + pastel=axanthic pastel im just a bit confused because i didnt think the reccesiv gean passed to co-dominant/dominant if any one undrstands where im comeing from please id appricate some help and just a basic explanation cheers :D

carlb1981
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1527 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2012 :  21:15:01  Show Profile  Visit carlb1981's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The co dominant or dominant would have to be het for the recessive gene so a axanthic pastel would have been the outcome from breeding a pastel het axanthic with an axanthic or het axanthic, and to get a pastel het axanthic you would need to breed an axanthic to a pastel

3.3.0 Royals,Yellow Belly -Marty,Fire YB-Fred,Mojave-Mo,Butter Pinstripe-Betty,Pewter-Newt,Normal-Molly
0.1.0 Snow Cornsnake- Lumi
1.1.0 Hypo Sonoran Dwarf Boa-Bart and Maggie
0.1.0 Albino Pine Snake-Ruby
1.0.0 Bredli Python-Brian
1.0.0 Western Hognose-Hal
1.0.0 Kayuadi Retic-Kaa
0.1.0 Honduran Milksnake-Jubbly
1.1.0 Salmon Boas-Hershey and Sam
0.2.0 Leopard Geckos-Spot and Chocolate
1.4.0 Dune Geckos
0.1.0 Beardie-Cookie
0.3.7 Tarantulas
0.0.1 Pandinus Imperator/emperor scorpion
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2012 :  21:17:41  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I made this a long time ago you might enjoy it Drew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8_gtPHtP2k

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

drew0z
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2012 :  21:30:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahhh i see now it makes sence seemed a bit more to it than it looked i have a good general knowlegde of dominant on codominant but sill learning how ressecive works but thanks has helped me on my way to knowinga bit more thanks carl and thanks kelf i shall have a look
Go to Top of Page

Danno91
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
521 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2012 :  23:26:28  Show Profile  Click to see Danno91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks kelf I never linked co-dom to supers before I knew the rest, but very good video will help alot of people

http://www.facebook.com/DannosRoyalPythons?ref=hl
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000