The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Breeding
 Decided to pair

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bone Posted - 09/11/2012 : 10:59:03
Well I decided to pair my royals today. Being a newbie to royal breeding I thought I would try and document it on a thread.

Pair one- double hets within minutes of being in together the female as her tail straight up in the air. I can only presume this is a good thing.

Pair two- spider initial reaction they had a quick look at each other and went there separate ways.

Pair three- I am not expecting much from these just yet.

Pair four-normal- male is in with the spider.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Evolution Morphs Posted - 25/11/2012 : 16:19:52
this is what your looking for next

from here no doubt your following the same guide

http://www.ballpython.ca/gallery/breeding.html

Developing Behavior

When females start to grow follicles their behavior changes. ****They seek the cooler end of the cage and often wrap themselves around their water bowls.*****
Whether it is too enhance the cold is purely speculative. It is very common and a very good indication of good things to come.

Lumping

I have often heard some breeders refer to their females as 'lumping up'. I'm not sure what that means exactly but I often see females wrapped around water bowls or not with what looks like lumps or kinks in their body. This seems to happen when building follicles.

They "Glow Before They Go!"

My females go through a drastic color change when they are nearing ovulation. They can change color up to 6 weeks before. I call it 'Glow before they go'. This usually takes place after their pre-ovulation shed. If they GLOW...they usually go!
Bone Posted - 25/11/2012 : 16:16:47
Could this be the lumping they talk about the growing of folicles?

Sorry never read your reply properly.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 25/11/2012 : 16:14:33
when / if she ovulates
you will know theres no mistaking an ovulation
but from that picture id say no

poss building follicles
Bone Posted - 25/11/2012 : 16:12:43
TBH I thought it was to quick. Something is going on because she didn't look like this Friday night.

Bone Posted - 25/11/2012 : 15:57:27
Hi I believe my female is ovulating she as a massive lump down her body as described. The lump starts at the back of the rub

She is miserable and doesn't want me to touch her. I believe after the first lock I witnessed the lumping down her body.

Have I just caught her at the correct time? Or am I seeing something that isn't there? She hasn't been fed either.

This is the best picture I could get.

Bone Posted - 23/11/2012 : 13:33:41
I have paired again

Pair one- Possible double hets locked on day 2

Pair two- Spider to Butter pastel I believe have locked never got chance for a picture.

Pair three- Albino to het albino still no interest.

Pair Four-Normal to butter still haven't paired yet.

Evolution Morphs Posted - 10/11/2012 : 13:17:35
Well done bone and snakeys :)
Good luck on proven out the hets :)
Kelfezond Posted - 10/11/2012 : 12:53:27
Best of luck!!
Bone Posted - 10/11/2012 : 12:36:36
Well I woke up this morning to find this from the double het pair.Not sure how long they have been there but atleast 4 hours since I have been up.

The het albino female is protecting the male I have looked in the viv a couple of times and I get the feeling she will have a strike if given the chance.

Spider female and male pastel butter are now in the same hide no lock but the first few hours the went there separate ways.
rockroyal Posted - 09/11/2012 : 11:54:58
I wish you all the luck in the world buddy I'll keep my fingers crossed the pairings lock

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000