The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Morphs
 Quick Q

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pythonwizard Posted - 14/12/2011 : 17:52:39
May sound stupid but I was puzzled today when I thought of this Q

What is the morph name for normal ball python or isn't it just called a normal ball python
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jameshouse92 Posted - 17/12/2011 : 21:53:40
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

That's not true I'm afraid James, Bumblebee x Normal will yield all 3 of the morphs, pastel, spider and bumblebee. With co-dom and dom genes it's like a big mixing pot as long as the genes are there it doesn't matter which parent they're in they'll still have a chance to pass to the offspring.

Yeah i found that out a couple hours before i posted. Just thought you would need another royal with one of the other genes. Really confused how it works with double gened snakes.
Jayde Posted - 15/12/2011 : 19:37:41
Places like Crystal palace reptile, royalmorphsforsale.co.uk (which is the specific site for Emsworth reptiles own bred offspring) or any large reptile/exotics stores online. World of Ball pythons have a a list of reputable breeders in the UK (& USA, have to cipher through a little) or read through the reviews & recommendations people have left on the forum from specific breeders of shops they've used.
Kelfezond Posted - 15/12/2011 : 15:28:25
No you don't have to breed co-dom with dom, you can breed whatever you like to anything :)
Pythonwizard Posted - 15/12/2011 : 15:22:58
Does anybody know anyone who's got het albino and are trusted
Pythonwizard Posted - 15/12/2011 : 15:22:16
Do you have to breed co dominant with dominant
Kelfezond Posted - 15/12/2011 : 14:59:54
That's not true I'm afraid James, Bumblebee x Normal will yield all 3 of the morphs, pastel, spider and bumblebee. With co-dom and dom genes it's like a big mixing pot as long as the genes are there it doesn't matter which parent they're in they'll still have a chance to pass to the offspring.
jameshouse92 Posted - 15/12/2011 : 13:14:53
Sadly you won't get any bees breeding with a normal. You'll just get pastels and spiders
jonoandapril Posted - 15/12/2011 : 09:38:03
im going to be putting my bumblebee to my normal, apparently that will give bees, pins (i think?) and normals. not a bad pairing for first time i think.
GMac Posted - 14/12/2011 : 19:21:17
would all be normals 50% poss het pied
jameshouse92 Posted - 14/12/2011 : 18:43:32
Mainly normals. Maybe 1 het if your lucky.
Pythonwizard Posted - 14/12/2011 : 18:13:44
If I bred a normal x het pied what would he the outcome
jameshouse92 Posted - 14/12/2011 : 18:11:49
You can breed any dominant/co-dominant morph to get a cool morph. Recessive gened morphs need a gene from each snake for it to be visual. There's loads of info on the net
Pythonwizard Posted - 14/12/2011 : 18:07:17
What can you breed with a normal to get cool morph

(sorry for the question just don't understand the genetics to ball pythons )
n/a Posted - 14/12/2011 : 18:04:11
Normal or wild-type - or 'dinker' when an apparently normal to normal breeding produces an unusual hatchling - although since many normals nowadays can be het for morphs and since some morphs have originated from breeding from unusual wild caught royals and even 'normal' normals can differ greatly in colouration and patterning, there is, imo, no such thing as a normal normal!

Normals always have a trick or two up their sleeve ...

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000