The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Morphs
 What to get?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Leedxmg Posted - 08/05/2012 : 23:02:46
I think I may have asked this before but,

I have a cb11 male normal. I want to start breeding and produce some cool morphs but after buying my normal male I've came to the realisation that normals generally aren't the best to start breeding with. So, I was thinking of getting a recessive morph breeding them then breeding the offspring back to produce a visual morph? Or on the other hand blow some cash and buy two new snakes and start from there, although I'd prefer not too ;) any advice for a newbie?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hodgie Posted - 11/05/2012 : 17:17:24
quote:
Originally posted by Leedxmg

By that ^ I mean two yellowbellys to produce their single colour ivory morph :)

Thats probably the cheapest and easiest morphs to get.
Leedxmg Posted - 10/05/2012 : 23:17:39
By that ^ I mean two yellowbellys to produce their single colour ivory morph :)
Leedxmg Posted - 10/05/2012 : 23:16:43
Yeah I think if I can't get a cinnamon I'd like something with pastel or maybe yellow belly? I really like the look of the full one colour snakes! :)
hodgie Posted - 10/05/2012 : 17:03:52
I'd go for a lesserbee`s or a bumblebee, yes they cost a bit more but you could get a nicer clutch in a couple of years.
Leedxmg Posted - 10/05/2012 : 15:34:20
I like the look of bees aswell but they are much more expensive aren't they? Looking to spend less than £300 to be honest :)
jonoandapril Posted - 10/05/2012 : 09:49:22
i went with a bee to put to my normal, i like the spiders and pastels so figured id hold them back from breeding normal x bee. that way iv got a couple of nice things to play with then when i grab my next new morph.
Leedxmg Posted - 09/05/2012 : 16:20:14
Sounds reasonable, I like the look of super cinnys even though there really plain I would love to produce a really dark one, are cinnamons easy enough to get a hold of, availability wise?
Evolution Morphs Posted - 09/05/2012 : 07:17:48
cinnys £230-£250
Pastels £150-£200

have a look here on the morph wizard to see what you can do

www.worldofballpythons.com
Leedxmg Posted - 09/05/2012 : 06:58:31
Actually that super idea sounds nice, that sounds possible! While we're on this subject how much do cinnamon females and pastel females go for?
reptiledanny Posted - 09/05/2012 : 06:55:00
If you want to start with recessives in a way you have done it the right way. You could get a female morph, and breed your make to it. Then keep a male hatchling and you would only then have to wait a year to breed the male back to the mum and get visuals.
But you could start with like kelp said co-doms like pastel, yb, Mohave etc and produce visuals a lot quicker. and then keep a male back and go for the super the next year
It's up to you, it's whatever morphs inspire you most.
Kelfezond Posted - 08/05/2012 : 23:22:55
You should think about the recessive morph idea carefully because that's a good 6 year + plan you've got, takes a lot of time and effort to breed recessives from normals. Personally I'd go for a co-dom or dom morph first and introduce her to your male when he's old enough, if by then you're still enjoying keeping snakes and you enjoy breeding think about expanding.

Yes I know that's hypocritical of me since I now have a bunch of morphs for breeding and have never bred but still, just advice.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000