New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ninja
Yearling

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  23:15:01  Show Profile
Not sure what to title this haha. I'm putting this in both TCS and TRP to see if I can get a better idea. I'm so so confuzzled by ideas at the moment so I'd like some input as I'm buying viv setup tomorrow getting ready for snakey next week.

I'm massively interested in both Corns and RP's, and I've thoroughly researched both, however the main thing that confuses me is where I've heard corn snakes are probably the best pets all around, there's been quite a few threads here and on the dark side of people struggling to get their corns to feed. Now I dont know if this is just a very small minority but because it's a herp enthusiasts environment, I'm just seeing it more condensed and it is very rare. What bothers me is in 13 months or so I'll be going to University and my Ma will be caring for the snake. Size or bityness doesnt bother her, and she loves both the species, but she's expressed concerns about the prospect of having to brain any prey. I know I mentioned my concerns about it, but I'm quite certain I'd give it a go, on the other hand I would not want to put my Mum through having to do this if she didn't want to.

So I guess the question I'm asking is, out of everyones experience; which snake is most likely to struggle feeding? A yearling RP established feeder or a hatchling corn?

Edited by - Ninja on 15/04/2009 23:28:51

Dazzetski
Yearling

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  23:25:48  Show Profile  Visit Dazzetski's Homepage  Click to see Dazzetski's MSN Messenger address
I'd go for the yearling.

0.2.0 Cats (Spud & Phoebe) RIP Stevie fat man
1.1.0 Royals (Syd & Sofia)
2.2.3 Corns (Hogan, Shaggy, Sparkle, Tango, Fred, Haribo & Go Faster)
0.0.1 Columbian Rainbow Boa (Escobar)
1.1.0 Variable King Snakes (Lancelot & Guinaverre)
0.0.20 Fish
Go to Top of Page

Ninja
Yearling

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  23:28:31  Show Profile
Sorry, I meant yearling RP or hatchling corn :)

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  23:46:49  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
I would say the royal would be more likley of a problem feeder,corns are greedy buggers

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Ninja
Yearling

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  23:59:00  Show Profile
Okay thanks :) I think I'm just flapping a little and over thinking too much, I just want to make sure that any pet I get has the correct nuturing.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2009 :  06:30:10  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
There are lots of non-feeding threads around at this time of year as its mating time and males can stop eating. It isn't something that should be worried about really. However, if I had to choose a snake with the least possibility of havin gfeeding problems it would be a female Corn.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2009 :  10:08:22  Show Profile
A corn would be easier to feed, but you know you want a royal

Go to Top of Page

Ninja
Yearling

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2009 :  23:04:00  Show Profile
Yeaaaah I really wanted a royal, however, I went with an eety beety Anery corn who is absolutely gorrrgeous and I love already. He's currently hiding very well at the moment, had a huge exploration of his viv (not actually been sexed yet but I auto said he lol) and was tempted to call him Indiana lol. But now he's all shy and snuggled into the substrate. BLESS I -think- his name is Bowie, but I'm very indecisive about it.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  06:27:01  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Congrats, shame about the Royal though.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  08:00:44  Show Profile
Corns are lovely, but royals rock..lol..

i have two corns and my young female corn is a right pain for feeding...

good luck with him...

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  09:33:29  Show Profile
Congrats

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  15:22:52  Show Profile
congrats on the corn...but i give you 3 months before you have a royal aswell...

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  18:52:24  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
nevermind what you choose all snakes are great,maybe a royal next because it's not going to stop here

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Edited by - lee2308 on 17/04/2009 18:52:54
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000