Why are some people so stupid??????
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  11:57:36  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
Just come back from the rep store and ended up picking up the wrong size UV tube for Godzilla because of the stupidity of a numpty that I ended up talking to whilst I was in there .

He wanted to buy a large hairy spider thing. Not a problem so far. Whilst talking to Paul (who was remaining remarkably patient) he drops into the conversation that he allergic to bee stings, wasp stings, etc. Not just a bit allergic but full-on anaphalactic shock allergic. Paul was trying to talk him out of it but the guy just wasn't hearing what he was saying. I joined Paul in talking the guy out of it and he ended up going for mantids instead but I just couldn't believe that this guy could be so dumb . He wouldn't eat a snickers if he was allergic to peanuts .

Sorry for the rant just needed to:
1) Get it off my chest
2) Give a big thumbs up to Emsworth Aquaria for standing their ground with this muppet.

Right, I'm off back up to the rep store again to go get the right size tube

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  12:13:28  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Buy me a big scary spider thing whilst you're there- Lewy is allergic to bites too

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  12:22:27  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

Just come back from the rep store and ended up picking up the wrong size UV tube for Godzilla because of the stupidity of a numpty that I ended up talking to whilst I was in there .

He wanted to buy a large hairy spider thing. Not a problem so far. Whilst talking to Paul (who was remaining remarkably patient) he drops into the conversation that he allergic to bee stings, wasp stings, etc. Not just a bit allergic but full-on anaphalactic shock allergic. Paul was trying to talk him out of it but the guy just wasn't hearing what he was saying. I joined Paul in talking the guy out of it and he ended up going for mantids instead but I just couldn't believe that this guy could be so dumb . He wouldn't eat a snickers if he was allergic to peanuts .

Sorry for the rant just needed to:
1) Get it off my chest
2) Give a big thumbs up to Emsworth Aquaria for standing their ground with this muppet.

Right, I'm off back up to the rep store again to go get the right size tube

It is good to hear this, a lot of rep shops would have just sold it as is to get the sale..

and well done you;-)

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  13:33:46  Show Profile
Maybe they shouldn't stand in the way of natural selection, if he progenates it can't be good for the collective gene pool.

Seriously though, I wish there were more shops that exercised the right to refuse service in the interests of safety or common sense.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  16:33:13  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

Buy me a big scary spider thing whilst you're there- Lewy is allergic to bites too

lol, I still remember the story with the adder.

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  19:59:23  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

He wouldn't eat a snickers if he was allergic to peanuts .

yunno he probably would................
quote:
Originally posted by chris100575

Maybe they shouldn't stand in the way of natural selection, if he progenates it can't be good for the collective gene pool.

very good point!

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000