Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  20:51:57  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address
Right all you know i have been mega excited about getting another royal well im having doubts about the shop im buying him from. Lovely people but just not up to scratch in husbandry. Im not going into detail because i would rather work with them to discuss and point things out ... BUT he is adorable, cf09 and was a month old on the 21st. He has two more feeds to go (although they dont seem to be pulling there finger out and getting on with them which is one of the gripes i have ... )

What ya think? Dont say dont get him though, its not what i want to hear, lol... ok how the hell do i upload pics? lol

Ant.

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  20:58:47  Show Profile
personally i would still go for it... as long a the price wasn't collosal shop prices...
as for the pic mallarky:
go to http://www.photobucket.com and register, then you can upload pictures from your pc to their website.
when you have uploaded the pic u want to use, it gives you a list of codes. the one you want to use for sig pics (and posting random pics on forums) is the IMG code. it will make more sense when u register with them and upload a picture.
you can also resize the pic on photobucket if needs be.
Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  21:01:17  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address
I actually 'haggled' for him, i know what they are going for at the moment and i know how much they are brought for so no way was i paying more than £35 for him.

I fell in love with his colouring, he is so light compared to the others

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  21:01:54  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
do you mean their delaying giving him the next two feeds?why? if he's feeding ok so far i would get him then you can sort all the other gripes out yourself.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  21:04:19  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
i think you will be very lucky to get him for less than 35 from a shop.Most shops charge between 60-90 for babies

Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  21:07:06  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address
Im getting him for £35 and im happy with that. Im going to call tomorrow and see if i can pick him up sooner, i like the idea they want all of there babies to have had 4 feeds but i think time commitments mean they are struggling to keep everything fed!

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  21:14:22  Show Profile
I dont see any reson not to buy it. If you're bothered about how the animals are kept you can mention it and give some constructive critisism.

Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  21:26:31  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address
Thanks i will do. Im happy doing that as well. So what ya think? Does he look nice?

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  21:34:18  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
£35,thats a bargin,i would of thought that was a breeders price but then again there is plenty of royal breeders about therefor driving the price down.Very nice royal by the way.

Go to Top of Page

anatess
Sub Adult

USA
669 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  21:42:27  Show Profile
Yes yes! He looks nice!

I have to say, I'm a little unsure about the feeding. Yes, the recommendation is always to get him established with feeding first before purchasing. But, at the same time, if the royal is not properly kept, it might be better to just go ahead and move him to his new home now. As long as you are prepared for him to go off feed and know how to get him started back up, it should be just fine.

Snake owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
0.1.0 pastel royal
1.0.0 spider royal
0.1.0 albino royal
1.0.0 bumblebee royal
1.0.0 yellowbelly royal
0.0.1 wild-type royal
1.0.0 normal western hognose
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  21:50:42  Show Profile
He looks great, And as above £35 BARGAIN!
if they are struggling and you can clearly see they are struggling, they may welcome any advice.
What was their original price? I mean if you managed to get them down from £80 to £35 then they clearly needed to relieve the pressure on them, and one snake at £35 is one less for them to worry about.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  21:51:17  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address
Im fairly confident to be honest. Apparently he struck his first meal fine and then they got confused and mixed him up with another one so a day later they tried (thinking he was the other snake) but he didnt strike ... but he did take it when it was left in over night, thats when they realised there mistake so, so far so good on the feeding front.

I might push to pick him up at the weekend.

Im going to have a two tier viv stack built, the top one will be complete and with a ceramic for Obran and the bottom viv will have a heat mat so i can keep him in a RUB inside the viv and then eventually he will go in that .... but then i think if i put him on the top in a RUB with a heat mat and then use the bottom viv for a nice adult female ..... ok i think im losing the plot now, lol

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  21:52:40  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by spor

He looks great, And as above £35 BARGAIN!
if they are struggling and you can clearly see they are struggling, they may welcome any advice.
What was their original price? I mean if you managed to get them down from £80 to £35 then they clearly needed to relieve the pressure on them, and one snake at £35 is one less for them to worry about.

They were going for £50 i believe

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  22:09:13  Show Profile
he is lovely Ant

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  22:23:46  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I'd want to know a Royal is feeding well, especially a CF Royal, so I'd wait.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  23:00:49  Show Profile
i am waiting till mine has had five feeds before i go get it..

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2009 :  10:47:09  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by antw23uk

Im fairly confident to be honest. Apparently he struck his first meal fine and then they got confused and mixed him up with another one so a day later they tried (thinking he was the other snake) but he didnt strike ... but he did take it when it was left in over night, thats when they realised there mistake so, so far so good on the feeding front.

I might push to pick him up at the weekend.

If they say no then what about asking if you can go in to do his last two feeds at the shop? Keeps them happy and you as happy as you could get without actually taking it home. Might help put your mind at rest concerning their husbandry and you get to work with experienced keepers. You never now, they might let you .

Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2009 :  10:58:16  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address
Great idea i will ask for sure. To be honest i would love to volunteer a few hours on a Sat or Sunday helping them out as i know they get so busy with people they have to keep stopping and starting water changes etc!

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  16:45:07  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address
Popped in to the shop today and fed my boy

He struck so fast and then wanted another one .. and me as well, lol ... he tagged the girl in the shop and made her bleed .... bless him, what a cutie

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  16:59:00  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by antw23uk

Popped in to the shop today and fed my boy

He struck so fast and then wanted another one .. and me as well, lol ... he tagged the girl in the shop and made her bleed .... bless him, what a cutie

Excellent. Are you a bit happier about their husbandry skills now?

Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  17:33:05  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address
Yeah i am and im so chuffed with my boy. I pick him up next weekend so only a week ish

Got a guy coming over to measure up and quote for a 2 tier viv stack that will fit on my chester draws. I plan to put Obran in the top with ceramic and then the new guy in the botton on a heat mat but in his RUB as he's far too small for a viv that big

Ant.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000