New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  00:08:41  Show Profile
Hi all well after a long wait and alot of prep. Tomorrow is the day that I will finally collect My royals.
yes that right "ROYALS" I have decided to buy two.
And have built a second viv all ready to go. ( well nearly just waiting on heat guard)

Couple of pic Let me know what you all think?
Also curious to know what peoples thought would be on picking sexes of snake. with buying 2 i'm still not sure whether to get two females or a male and a female. Had been thinking two females so that if 3yrs or so down the line i wanted to start breeding I could by a nice male morph and work from there.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle

Edited by - spor on 01/06/2009 00:11:14

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  06:37:56  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Very nice Spor.

If you're thinking of breeding in the future then I'd go for 2 hatchling females as males don't take anywhere near as long to get to breeding age and you can pick one up when you're ready and you'll have 2 females for him to er 'service'.

Go to Top of Page

Dazzetski
Yearling

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  08:05:03  Show Profile  Visit Dazzetski's Homepage  Click to see Dazzetski's MSN Messenger address
Just a thought, but will the warm end of the right hand side viv affect the cool end temp of the other one?

0.2.0 Cats (Spud & Phoebe) RIP Stevie fat man
1.1.0 Royals (Syd & Sofia)
2.2.3 Corns (Hogan, Shaggy, Sparkle, Tango, Fred, Haribo & Go Faster)
0.0.1 Columbian Rainbow Boa (Escobar)
1.1.0 Variable King Snakes (Lancelot & Guinaverre)
0.0.20 Fish

Edited by - Dazzetski on 01/06/2009 08:07:36
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  09:18:54  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
very good point, potentially yes
i'd probably have the warm ends in the middle of the vivs (RHS of left viv, LHS of right viv) and the cool ends on the outer sides of the vivs

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  00:45:45  Show Profile
Advice taken on board I have move the heat lamps so they are both in middle. I have also got rid of the astro turf... have bothe snake now and they are LOVELY.

two females 10weeks old have shed twice and fed twice. Would have preferred at least 4 feds but hopefully fingers crossed I'll have no problems. have 2 quick pics just taken as I move them from their transport box to viv. No flash and no more until settle. Will post them in photo section. Was really funny I keep a poly box for transported fish and thought it would be a good idea to use it to place there travel boxes in to hold temp for drive home. When I got home i set poly box up on table and one of them had escaped its travel box and was crawling around the poly box. LOL. Will have to keep my eye on her, planning her escape already. ;)

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page