????
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  12:19:00  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
sorry wasnt sure bout a subject title??!! i just want to know if snake poo or anything else to do with snakes is dangerous for pregnant women as i know cat poo is but dont know bout snakes? sorry if this sounds dumb but i want to be sure i can still handle her. thanx

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  16:21:54  Show Profile
No idea sorry

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  16:47:55  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
there is a brand new question to these forums. hopefully some1 will know the answer. roselyn on the www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum has just had a baby a few months ago and breads snakes i think. might be worth PM her.

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake
Go to Top of Page

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  17:00:29  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
ok will do! thanx alot for that

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  19:22:18  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by vicki

sorry wasnt sure bout a subject title??!! i just want to know if snake poo or anything else to do with snakes is dangerous for pregnant women as i know cat poo is but dont know bout snakes? sorry if this sounds dumb but i want to be sure i can still handle her. thanx

Congrats When is baby due?

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  20:36:38  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
having done the whole snakes and pregnancy thing, there's a small risk of salmonella, unless you're keeping exotics in very humid, tropical type environments this risk is minimal. i continued to handle, feed and clean out my snakes all through pregnancy and my little girl (2 next month) has handled them from a very young age. hope this helps and congrats on your news

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  18:00:11  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I think it is just a small risk- if you maintain good hygiene then there's nothing to worry about. We are all slightly at risk of salmonella really, that's why we wash our hands after handling and not put our snakes in our mouths

Congratulations Vicki!

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  18:58:06  Show Profile
congratulations...

Edited by - dazb on 18/11/2008 18:58:27
Go to Top of Page

kay
Hatchling

64 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  20:28:15  Show Profile
Congratulations, how far gone?! Had my first 6 months ago, she loves watching my royal, Boris. Im sure ul be fine as long as your hygienic. Good luck on the birth! x
Go to Top of Page

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2008 :  12:23:15  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
thanx everyone! we're so chuffed! this will be our 2nd. our lil girl is 4 and a half! im not due till july so still early days! im glad to hear that i can still handle Ella as i love holdin her! will leave the cleanin bit to my partner tho and use the pregnancy as an excuse! lol! will take extra care washin me hands aswell! thanx for all the replies xx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000