New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bikesfred54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  20:17:32  Show Profile
we have just put her in a 15x11ins rub after a good look i would say shes around 18ins long.when we first got her she was on small mice and now on rat pups but i cant get any rat fluffs or fuzzy to move her up to so do i keep her on pups or go back to mice.the next size rat i can get is a weaner which is far to big for her at this time.as she is only 2months and 2 weeks old.

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  20:28:11  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
so many people seem to have problems moving their snakes from Stuarts (mice) on to Rolands (rats) as they smell very differently so if she's on the Rolands i'd be tempted to keep her on them. you could try her on 2 pups per meal until she's big enough to take weaners. alternatively if you get your frozen food from a petshop some shops will let you pick and choose the sizes ie. picking out weaners at the bottom (smaller) end of the weight range.

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  20:35:05  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Yes, as GP, I'd keep to rats and either give multiple rat pups or but some rat fluffs online.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000