New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ryzi
Yearling

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  20:04:02  Show Profile
hey does any one no if the royals love to be handled and if so is there a limit to how much i should handle it. thanks

Edited by - dazb on 08/12/2008 19:20:55

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  20:26:00  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I don't think it has been proven that any snake likes to be handled, some just tolerate it better than others.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  20:40:45  Show Profile
I agree with what BE said. Its just a level of tolerance. But then I think, if a snake is pushing ALL night against the botton of the glass where it meets the side where it opens, there may be soemthing going on.

I think its more of the handling area they prefer than the actual handling. When I handle Zavvi I give her a while free roaming on my bed, which I think she enjoys or is at least interested in as its a differant feeling and temperature for her.

Most of the royals out there dont like handling much and are reclusive and some seem to like/tolerate it. It depends on the indevidual snake.

Edited by - matty18714 on 07/12/2008 20:42:10
Go to Top of Page

dandennis
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  21:09:12  Show Profile  Click to see dandennis's MSN Messenger address
yes o and by the way my bros gettin a BP (ball python) wednes day and good luck ryzi guese who

BP on the way
Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  21:12:43  Show Profile
I agree with the abouve comments about snakes just tolerate being handled and each one is different...

I handle my royals for about 15 mins 2-3 times a week.

they seem happy enough with that amount.

its all about them getting used to you, your scent and the environment and feeling safe and secure and not threatened...

Edited by - dazb on 07/12/2008 21:15:01
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  22:24:52  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

But then I think, if a snake is pushing ALL night against the botton of the glass where it meets the side where it opens, there may be soemthing going on.

And heres me thinking it's only monty who do's that,he spends most of his time doing it so i open the door and he slithers out on his own accord on to the arm of my chair and on to me so i think he likes the attenion.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  20:53:35  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
it's a change of scenery for them, a bit of variety and exercise to stimulate them mentally as well as physically. they might not technically 'enjoy' it but providing they're not the sort of snake that stresses about it, they probably benefit from it.

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  19:59:26  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Evra doesn't like being handled- if I get her out too much she doesn't eat

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  20:26:39  Show Profile
thats cos your scary...

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  11:23:24  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I'm not scary to Evra, she loves me

Go to Top of Page

baldyman666
Hatchling

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  16:20:45  Show Profile
we moved stardust up into our bedroom last week so that she doesnt get disturbed by all the noise over xmas wot with all the kids n p*** up's n that.
she used to come out a lot and do that rubbing against the glass thing too. and she loves to come out, so i think the theory of enjoying the outside handling environment is close... rather than being handled - i think they just wanna escape (and so did every good prisoner in ww2 lol)

downstairs the missus likes to keep the room hotter than the viv - so thats probably got summit to do with it too

now we have moved her , its a little colder (outside the viv) and she only pokes her head out for feeding :(

STARDUST
DOB: 10 jul 08

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000