Boris' first shed!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kay
Hatchling

64 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2008 :  12:19:34  Show Profile
Hi, just thought i would post an excited message after Boris had his first shed with me yesterday! All in one piece, no probs. Will post pics! I also weighed him, i weighed him a month ago and he was 91g, i weighed him yesterday and he was 129g! Is that good weight gain? Hes about 7 months now and about 23" x

kay
Hatchling

64 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2008 :  12:24:05  Show Profile
Also when should he shed again? And if you guys dont think he weighs enough, should i just up the frequency of feeds? thanks x
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2008 :  12:30:26  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Weight-wise, they're all different, I have a 3 month old that has just gone past 200g and a 5 month old that is the same weight as yours.

Pet shops tend to have a 'maintenance' diet, where they won't put on much weight.

Shedding will depend on growth, what are you feeding yours and how often?

Go to Top of Page

kay
Hatchling

64 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2008 :  12:33:55  Show Profile
2x rat pups every 5-10 days. He was under weight when i bought him, u could see his spine! I know i should have walked away buy i couldnt! Im feeling a real sense of acheivement - his brother is still in the store - skinny and wrinkled - like hes dehydrated, it sick. Can u suggest any changes to my regime? Hes a fab feeder x
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2008 :  12:46:52  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I would feed every 5 days and maybe think about increasing to either a Rat Fuzzy or Rat Fluff if you can find them.

I only suggest this as Rat Pups (as Mouse Pinkies) are quite fatty, so if you can move up a food size there will be more nutrition.

Go to Top of Page

kay
Hatchling

64 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2008 :  12:49:53  Show Profile
Ok, thanks for advice, I usually feed him every 5 days anyway and will get hold of rat fluffs. Much appreciated x
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2008 :  16:35:29  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Weight-wise, they're all different, I have a 3 month old that has just gone past 200g

wow 200g's,mine 8/9 months and approx 250g,am i doing something wrong? better weigh him again tonight.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2008 :  17:04:57  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
No, I'm sure you're not doing anything wrong, how long have you actually had him, as I mentioned above about pet shops feeding the minimum amount, so they don't grow much.

Also, they all grow differently.

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2008 :  20:34:28  Show Profile
i just weighed my little girl and she is 431g and is 8 months-ish...

she is a excellent feeder though and has only refused once since i got her in July. she has a weener roland every 7 days.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2008 :  20:35:55  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
i've had him 6 weeks,i was going to weigh him tonight but after not seeing him poke his head out for a few days i lifted the hide and i think his eyes are clouding,so i thought to leave him be.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000