What to do?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cumbrian eejit
Yearling

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  16:16:09  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
I've had Nadd since yesterday, and although it's killing me to not get her out, I am resisting. The problem is that she has now decided to trash her viv and managed to push both her hides over!!! Here comes the problem, I can't rearrnge her viv without taking her out, and leaving it as it is she has no effective hides. I have got an exoterra smal cave hide for her which she won't be able to move so much and am wanting to put this in. Any ideas on what would be best, move her breifly, or leave her till I can take her out properly?
p.s. sorry for the rant

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  16:22:59  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Just handle as little as possible, move her to one end and sort the other end out.

Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Yearling

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  16:23:46  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
cheers B.E. gonna do the warm end first as she seems more happy there.
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  16:25:14  Show Profile
I would take her out and put her in something while you change the viv things around. If you leave her in you could knock her which would cause her to hide away more for the next few days.

Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Yearling

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  16:28:46  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
maybe a small 3L rub that I used for coco feeding?
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  16:47:16  Show Profile
Aslong as its big eough for her to lie flat in its fine for a short amount of time. Just make sure it doesnt smell of mice and so it wont trigger feeding mode.

Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Yearling

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  17:04:10  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
All done, even managed a 2 min handle. LOL
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  17:58:16  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
So, you lasted a day!

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  18:12:35  Show Profile
told you it was hard...

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  18:18:35  Show Profile
Ha! You've crumbled under the pressure already!

Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Yearling

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  18:24:03  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
Its ok, now it looks like she's on the prowl!
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  18:30:41  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
i had a similar dilemma when i first got Marilyn, she managed to tip her water over every day for the first week so she ended up being handled pretty much from day 1. not ideal but when you have the contents of a huge bowl to tip out of a RUB (never mind mop up!) it was kinda a neccessity

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000