New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ryzi
Yearling

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  12:53:07  Show Profile
hey guys i have a good routine of feeding my royal now but its feeding day today and she hasnt had a poo yet. was just wondering if i should still feed her tonight

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  13:06:03  Show Profile
how long has it been since she last pooped. mine normaly go 4-6 weeks between poops?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  13:33:06  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
How big is she and what's she eating/how often?

Go to Top of Page

ryzi
Yearling

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  17:34:22  Show Profile
she is about 3ft max she is hard to measure, she is on medium mice and feed her every friday. oh i thought they poo just as often as they eat. well she just ate the mouse and she looked like sshe enjoyed it.1 thing i will say she is feeding fine but this time she bit it on the ass then picked it back up on the head but i noticed that she swallowed a tiny bit off moss as well no substrate tho should i be worrying . sorry to go on 4 so long

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  17:41:19  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
3', quite big then. A medium mouse a week is probably being used up in energy/growth.

A bit of moss is not likely to hurt, will just pass straight through I'm sure.

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  17:47:56  Show Profile
no they are not regular poopers.

I wouldnt worry too much about a little bit of moss. i take it your feeding her in the viv. most people try to feed out side the viv in a RUB or similar to prevent injestion of substrate.

Also atthat size i would be feeding her larger meals that mice. i would try to get her on to weener rats as soon as you can. they can be fussy eaters as you probaly know and it is easier to get them on to rats younger. wen she is a adult mice will not be sufficient.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  23:15:52  Show Profile
3' does seem quite big for taking mice, like Dazb said try and move her onto rats. As for the moss, its soft so im sure it will pass through fine.

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  23:18:52  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage
I think Stig manages to have one HUGE dump about once every 6-8 weeks, you actually can see the difference once he goes.

Go to Top of Page

ryzi
Yearling

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  23:32:51  Show Profile
k thanks guys i was a little worryied when she swallowed the moss. yeah i will try her on weener rats next week k. is that still once a weekfeed as well.

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  10:10:22  Show Profile
yeah once a week is ok. i like most people do every 5-7 days.

Go to Top of Page

I-M
Hatchling

United Kingdom
68 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  22:06:19  Show Profile
Fernando is about 3', or possibly a little bit longer, and just over a year old. He eat a small rat (about 80g) about once a week. I'm sure he would manage a rat of 100 gram or a bit more, but the medium rats we have a quite a bit larger. We vary feeding day and time, but aim to average once a week. Pooping is very varied; sometimes lots, other time very little. He appears completely fit and well, so we don't worry about this (same principle as with babies,really!).

Aka "The Old Bat"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000