When to switch to larger rats
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

evekioul
Snake Mite

37 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  11:14:10  Show Profile
Hey i have another question lol ive only been registered a day :D just wondered when i should switch to larger rats and how i should do it i.e. at the minute im feeding him 2 pinky rats at a time once a week and he gobbles them up pretty fast. should i try feeding him 2 of the next size up at a time or what?

im not sure how much he weighs as i have no scales but i know hes about 45cm

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  14:16:17  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
if hes had 3 0r 4 lots of 2 pinkys he could go onto 1 rat fuzzie for a while but when you cant see a lump after feeding you could move up again,but never feed anything bigger than 1.5x the thickest part of the snake.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

evekioul
Snake Mite

37 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  14:44:16  Show Profile
ok cool. hes had about 3 sets so far and they dont really touch the sides to be honest and no there isnt a bulge in him at all really. he is a good little eater. will try him in about 2 weeks as i will only have 2 pinkys left in the freezer.
i think i got some bad advice really as the bloke who sold them to me just said 1 pinky a week and thats it so he didnt shed for 3 months because i was just giving him 1 which obviously wasnt enough.
anyway cheers for that. might get so excited ill post if he takes the fuzzy first time :D
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  15:02:24  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I think mine moved to Rat Fluffs at around 150-200g.

Go to Top of Page

evekioul
Snake Mite

37 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  15:06:52  Show Profile
i will try and weigh him tonight but i only have pathetic kitchen scales lol. be good to find out though. he does look quite fat around his middle so i think he may be ready to give the fluffs a go.

was going to post some pics but this photobucket seems like a mission! is there any other way?
Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  15:36:24  Show Profile
photobucket is really easy...

if you have an account already you just upload from you PC and the img code pops up when you go over the pic with your cursor(bottom one of the four) then just copy and paste to your post. If i remember correctly wen you click to upload your pics click to resize them to 15 inch.

really simple trust me and im usless at PC stuff.

Go to Top of Page

evekioul
Snake Mite

37 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  15:46:19  Show Profile
lol just done it as you saw anyway.
Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  15:48:47  Show Profile