Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 My snake hasnt yet taken a dump should i worry?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

blundey
Hatchling

86 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  16:24:23  Show Profile
Its been 3 feeds with me so far, all rat weeners, and no indication on the food sheet when it last went for a dump. At what point do a worry?

He is active most nights up until friday. Nows its just sitting in the hide with its head poking out instead of roaming as it has been.

Other than that it seems quite OK. Oh one more thing i did notice was when it was swallowing the rat weener on friday, I saw aliva in its mouth, looked normal, but i figure ill jsut check this is not an early case of RI?

Danny Action1
Yearling

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  16:31:00  Show Profile  Click to see Danny Action1's MSN Messenger address
You could try and bath him mine always seem to go when there in water might help

0.1.0 Lemmon Pastel
0.1.0 Albino
1.0.0 Spider
1.0.0 Pastel
1.1.0 Mojave
1.0.0 Het Pied
0.1.0 Pied
0.1.0 Pinstripe
1.0.0 Double het Caramel Glow
0.1.0 Het Orange Ghost
0.1.0 Het Caramel

Edited by - Danny Action1 on 15/02/2009 16:32:19
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  16:39:35  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Mine tend to go every 4 to 6 weeks, no need to risk stressing it out with a bath yet.

Go to Top of Page

bikesfred54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  16:57:05  Show Profile
since we had are young royal the only time shes had a dump is after shes shed.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  17:06:54  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Yes, quite often all the movement to shed can induce another outcome too

Go to Top of Page

blundey
Hatchling

86 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  19:48:27  Show Profile
ah ok so nothing to worry about! Few! THe guy at Koi Carp pet shop said they **** ONCE a week and that i should give it flax seed oil! :S

WHat about the RI question....is saliva in the mouth a warning sign, or is it normal?
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  19:51:17  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by blundey

WHat about the RI question....is saliva in the mouth a warning sign, or is it normal?

saliva just helps the snake swallow the prey item, don't panic!

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

blundey
Hatchling

86 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  22:20:56  Show Profile
thank you guys. Once again very helpful :)
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  22:45:42  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by blundey

ah ok so nothing to worry about! Few! THe guy at Koi Carp pet shop said they **** ONCE a week and that i should give it flax seed oil! :S

Corns maybe, but larger bodied snakes like Royals and Boas seem to store it up and leave you a surprise!

Go to Top of Page

blundey
Hatchling

86 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2009 :  08:49:17  Show Profile
I look forward to my suprise then! woo! Touch wood this snake has been a darling. It certainly is not shy in the rub, but its not a fan of being held. It likes to find a dark area to hide or if i put him near his hide he will go in very quickly...So im just getting him out for 5mins at a time at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

blundey
Hatchling

86 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  18:10:38  Show Profile
Well 3 rat weeners and 1 rat pup later and he is still storing his load! Great! :( Dont look forwad to cleaning that out let me tell you. Dont know about you guys but here its really hard to find small weener rats! Everyone seems to be out of stock! Getting really annoying now! Went in a shop yesterday and they had weeners which were MASSIVE! Couldnt believe the size difference of some of them. So ended up getting some large rat pups! Not ideal but he ate it again.

Do any of you have your heart race when you strike feed? I thought id get used to it but everytime i jump. Last night it struck so well it knocked my plastic feeding tongs across the room!
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  21:21:28  Show Profile
wait till you smell it...

I had my first one after he had shed, the urates were big, i could not believe how much came out of such a little guy, ad his poop was not far smaller either...and he had done it overnight so i had a nice pong when i got up in the mroning..

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

kashie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
567 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  13:22:49  Show Profile
OMG - the more thread I read on here the more I start to panic or worry about Gladyssss!!!
She didnt poo for a few weeks until she had her first shed which was Dec 20th last year and yes you are right you can definately tell that it's a poo!!! So what's the problem you are probably asking???? Since then, she had a further shed (29th Jan) and another poo. BUT, she has also poo'd during Feb alone another 5 times and only one of those was during a shed. Reading above seems that the norm is 4 - 6 weeks, should i be concerned.
She seems fine and this does coincide with an increase in food (every 5 days instead of 7) and the poo itself is normal?????

01.01.00 Whippets - Dylan and Tigger
01.01.00 AfricanGreys - Jasper and Ruby
00.00.15 KoiCarp
01.01.00 RoyalPython -Ebanks Blake and Gladysss
01.00.00 MojaveRoyal - Kelso
01.00.00 AlbinoRoyal - Ziggy
00.01.00 PastelRoyal - Phyllisss
00.01.00 SpiderRoyal - Wincey
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  13:57:37  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Don't worry, the example of 4-6 weeks was to stop people worrying if they went too long, it is just as usual for them to be regular

Go to Top of Page

ddm10
Yearling

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  18:08:52  Show Profile
Drazen went for the first time with me today the smell.....

ROYAL PYTHON 1.0.0

Edited by - ddm10 on 04/03/2009 18:09:32
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  20:21:48  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
yeah i'm sure they smell worse than corns, and of course Marilyn's smells of roses....................

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

blundey
Hatchling

86 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2009 :  07:50:33  Show Profile
Well another rat pup[ and large weener later and still no dump. This must be coming up to 7-8 weeks that I know of. God knows if it went before he came to me!

He seems fine and is passing urine. Doesnt appear to be down or NOT feeding....which i guess would be a good sign he is unhealthy.

Thing is every time i mention it to a shop owner, oh my royal hasnt shat in 7-8 weeks the look on there faces is worrying.

Do i really leave it any longer? P.s had no sheds either.

Maybe i should get some pics up tonight for you guys to take a look?
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2009 :  09:47:35  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
If there's no obvious swelling around the vent I'm sure he's fine. If you're worried you could try giving him a bath in water as deep as him and at roughly the temp of the hot end of your viv. Sometimes the water helps the motions.

Go to Top of Page

blundey
Hatchling

86 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  12:42:30  Show Profile
Woke this morning to find upstairs smelling a bit worse for wear, happy at the thought that my Indy had gone for a dump, I checked on him and nothing in site. Not even the spare room smelt. Went back into bedroom and came to the conclusion that either myself of my gf had farted during the night.

On a positive note, Indy did flood the rub last night with a big wee! humidity hit 85% :)

Still awaiting a poo. Ill give him till the end of the week!
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  21:47:01  Show Profile
keep an eye round the edges and corners, thats where my royal does his stuff and i almost missed it first time, i could smell it but never found it till i noticed it was on the viv window in the corner...

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

blundey
Hatchling

86 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  12:59:19  Show Profile
Still no poo, plenty of wee weekly but no poo. What the hell is he doing with everything he ate?!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000