Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cumbrian eejit
Yearling

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  18:26:06  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
I am currently typing this post with tears in my eye's. Both my babies have died, mandy & I had been out all day, only to get a call at 2 pm from the police, telling us we had to get home asap as there had been a minor fire and they had to break in with the fire service.
Unfortunately when we got home, I knew as soon as I saw the house it was going to be bad news, as the fire had broke out in our bedroom, from the airing cupboard. I had only moved them both up there two weeks ago, I had to wait nearly two hours before we could get in, and then my worst fear was confirmed as two firemen carried out the blackened remains of their viv stack, both had died from smoke inhalation. Now comes the hard part as I have to totally gut the upstairs with mandy's asthma.

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  18:28:54  Show Profile
OH NO, i am so sorry to hear that :(
Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  18:31:22  Show Profile
oh no mate...really sorry to hear that...

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  18:32:38  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Scott that's terrible mate, do you know how it started?

Let us know if you need anything.

Go to Top of Page

AddicksGlenn
Yearling

United Kingdom
388 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  18:34:38  Show Profile  Click to see AddicksGlenn's MSN Messenger address
Really sorry to hear that, it's tragic. :-(

Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Yearling

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  18:50:19  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
the fire investigator has said that he's been able to trace it back to the water tank, he's took all the electrical stuff off it for testing as he thinks that is what caused it. My landlord has agreed to replace them as they won't be covered by the insurance and he feels responsible, with it being his house. Think I will wait abit first though, don't think I could replace them just like that.
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  18:52:30  Show Profile
Im so sorry Scott, thats awful At least you and Mandy are ok.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  18:58:34  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
sorry to hear that,like matty said at least you and the mrs are not hurt.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  19:18:39  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
Sorry to hear that happened Scott . How far away from Portsmouth are you? If not too far then if I can help just say the word mate.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  19:29:24  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
About as far from Portsmouth as possible whilst still being in the country.

Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Yearling

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  20:09:10  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
thanks for the offer paulus, but as BE says, I'm up north in cumbria, so in totally the wrong direction.
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  20:41:18  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
oh scott that's utterly devastating news hun *hugs*
kindest wishes at this awful time

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

Dazzetski
Yearling

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  21:36:18  Show Profile  Visit Dazzetski's Homepage  Click to see Dazzetski's MSN Messenger address
That's awful mate, I'm in Ellesmere Port so nearer than most, ANYTHING you need give me a shout.

0.2.0 Cats (Spud & Phoebe) RIP Stevie fat man
1.1.0 Royals (Syd & Sofia)
2.2.3 Corns (Hogan, Shaggy, Sparkle, Tango, Fred, Haribo & Go Faster)
0.0.1 Columbian Rainbow Boa (Escobar)
1.1.0 Variable King Snakes (Lancelot & Guinaverre)
0.0.20 Fish
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2009 :  22:00:58  Show Profile
Oh blimey, i am so so sorry to hear this news. I can only begin to think how you must be feeling. I am at a loss of what to say, except i am really sorry for your loss.

I hope you will be ok, and you are in my thoughts.

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Mulv
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
530 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  09:23:09  Show Profile
That's terrible news. I'm really glad no one else got hurt but for both to die just like that you must be devastated.

I'm glad it wasn't any of the heating equipment used in the viv, but all the same it's still a terrible loss.

Thoughts are with you bud.
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  09:29:41  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Sorry for your loss Scott, hope you are holding up alright

Don't blame yourself for anything, electrical faults can happen to anyone. It's a risk of living in the modern world.

How's the rest of the house?

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  11:59:07  Show Profile
I kept thinking about you last night, i feel so bad for you, if there is anything i can do to help then just email me, i know i am miles away, but i am here anyways.

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Colin S
Yearling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  17:34:56  Show Profile
there is not much I can say except for how sorry I feel for you and your partner.
I work in the emergancy services and there never seems to be the right words to use at times like this.
It is a case of looking to the future and being thankful that both of you are ok.
The loss of your two snakes is a very sad, but time is a great healer.
Will be thinking of you both and like many others on here, although I live many miles away, if there is anything that can be done to help just press the buttons.
It is not until you join forums like this that you realize that there are decent people out there and although many of us have never met, it is so good to know that we are still willing to help each other.

Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Yearling

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  18:02:09  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
thanks for all the replies, we have decided that we are going to move out for the time being at least, mandy had a bad night with the smell of the smoke and we ended up spending the night in a hotel. The bedroom is a total mess with water and smoke damage. Will be easier to relocate rather than try and live here in these circumstances.
Once again, thanks for the thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  20:26:45  Show Profile
your right Colin time is a healer, this is probably the nicest forum i have ever been on, and yes it foes help renew faith in mankind, its like a second home to me now..lol..sorry...

Scott, i pray you and Mandy will be ok and be safe.

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  21:15:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

your right Colin time is a healer, this is probably the nicest forum i have ever been on, and yes it foes help renew faith in mankind, its like a second home to me now..lol..sorry...

Scott, i pray you and Mandy will be ok and be safe.

i agree with you there. hope things get easier for you both with time, i am thinking of you too :(
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000