Multi's
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Danny Action1
Yearling

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  18:57:19  Show Profile  Click to see Danny Action1's MSN Messenger address
As in the food source what are they??and are they any good???

Cheers Danny

0.1.0 Lemmon Pastel
0.1.0 Albino
1.0.0 Spider
1.0.0 Pastel
1.1.0 Mojave
1.0.0 Het Pied
0.1.0 Pied
0.1.0 Pinstripe
1.0.0 Double het Caramel Glow
0.1.0 Het Orange Ghost
0.1.0 Het Caramel

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  19:24:26  Show Profile
Hi Danny, are you talking about multimammates?

i would love to get these for my royal, but there is not anyone close to me who stocks them, they are from Africa here is a link

http://anfrozenfoods.co.uk/#/multimammateschicks/4532624650

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Danny Action1
Yearling

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  19:35:24  Show Profile  Click to see Danny Action1's MSN Messenger address
Hiya Wolfspirit

yeah thats it multimammates the place where i get my food from has some in when i spoke to him on the phone and i did read on here somewhere about multi's.Are they any good do you know ???

0.1.0 Lemmon Pastel
0.1.0 Albino
1.0.0 Spider
1.0.0 Pastel
1.1.0 Mojave
1.0.0 Het Pied
0.1.0 Pied
0.1.0 Pinstripe
1.0.0 Double het Caramel Glow
0.1.0 Het Orange Ghost
0.1.0 Het Caramel
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  20:30:41  Show Profile
They are supposed to be equivalent to rats only with softer fur, i have been nagging my rep shop to get some, but so far has fell on deaf ears, but i wont feed them unless i can get a regular supply, dont want him hooked on them and then have to give him a rat if i run out and he refuses...

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2009 :  10:40:29  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
They look a bit like hamsters - just get a few of them

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2009 :  11:01:23  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Anatess on here feeds hers those.

Go to Top of Page

anatess
Sub Adult

USA
669 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2009 :  04:59:52  Show Profile
African Soft Furred Rats (or multi-mammates) are the native prey of ball pythons. Therefore, it is usually used to feed finicky wild-caught royals.

If you don't breed your own rats and you have a captive bred royal, there is really no significant advantage to feeding those.

I feed my royals ASFs because I breed my own rats. I like the assurance of knowing that I have high quality rats for my snakes. And I can also guarantee a good quality of life for the rats before they get fed off. ASFs are perfect for breeding because they do not stink like regular rats. I have 3 10 gallon glass tanks with a myriad of rat toys for my rats. 1 contains the mom and dad, 1 contains the grown-up females, and the other 1 contains the grown-up males. They are all in my enclosed patio and, I tell you, they don't stink when I clean the tanks once a week. Sometimes, when I get busy, I go 1 1/2 weeks before I get to cleaning the tanks. The pet hamsters, man, I have to clean their houses every 3 days!

And, most important of all, ASFs do not outgrow a royal python. So, if my royal skips a few meals (I had 1 that went 2 months without eating), then the rats continue to live happily for as long as they can. A regular rat would outgrow a royal, so you have to feed the rat off within the first 3 months of its life, otherwise, they would get too big for even the largest adult royal.

The breeder ASFs are also my kids' pets. They are quite cute. They look like hamsters except they got a long tail. But, they can be pretty mean when they have babies with them. So, they're not handled as much as the hamsters.

Snake owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
0.1.0 pastel royal
1.0.0 spider royal
0.1.0 albino royal
1.0.0 bumblebee royal
1.0.0 yellowbelly royal
0.0.1 wild-type royal
1.0.0 normal western hognose
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: