Ventilation
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  10:43:45  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address
Morning all,

Ok so a 50 ltr RUB has been purchased. Now on to the ventilation .... I have previously adapted a RUB by using a 60mm round drill bit on the lid and sides and then pushing 65mm white vents through. This was secure enough for my 08 KSB and really gave it a professional look rather than just soldering holes in the sides .... So my question is, can i use these for my royals 50ltr RUB and if yes what can i use to fix them into place so that he cant push/ unscrew them out. I was thinking super glue but obviously im aware of toxic fumes! Also how many?
I have x8 to play with so x2 in lid cool and warm end =x4 and x2 either side, warm and cool end =x4??

Your thoughts please
Ant.

Ant.

Dazzetski
Yearling

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  11:07:06  Show Profile  Visit Dazzetski's Homepage  Click to see Dazzetski's MSN Messenger address
In Sofia's viv' there's 4 vents at the back, 2 either side, 1 at the top & 1 at the bottom. They're simply pushed in from inside the viv. You could use aquarium sealant & just give it 24 hours for the fumes to dissipate.

0.2.0 Cats (Spud & Phoebe) RIP Stevie fat man
1.1.0 Royals (Syd & Sofia)
2.2.3 Corns (Hogan, Shaggy, Sparkle, Tango, Fred, Haribo & Go Faster)
0.0.1 Columbian Rainbow Boa (Escobar)
1.1.0 Variable King Snakes (Lancelot & Guinaverre)
0.0.20 Fish
Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  11:18:52  Show Profile
i wouldnt go as far as using 8. in my old RUB i used 2. on the back 1 at top and 1 at bottom...

Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  11:31:52  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address
Ok great, will reduce vents and see how i go. Big day tomorrow and i cant wait to get him

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  17:04:57  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I used a skewer and a gas hob and just poked lots of holes through.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000