Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  17:45:02  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage
OK, so I have a non feeder on the go and have just been given (IN A FECKING PUB!!!!) another. But this little chap is beyond me at the mo.

He is VERY ill, VERY skinny, and appears to have an RI.

His skin looks superb, but I just don't have the time for one so ill.

The last owner literally came in and said "you like snakes", "have this, won't eat for me" It took all I had not to kick his head in.

So, anyone wants to take the wee chap on, feel free to contact me and you can have him. At the moment he is in a spare faunarium I have and is hiding away, no doubt in a better place than he was.
Going to try and get some critical care for the wee chap in the morning.

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  17:52:55  Show Profile
where abouts are you...? i am happy to take him and see if i can help him out if you dont have the time...

Edited by - dazb on 09/04/2009 17:54:54
Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  18:03:25  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage
I'm in Sunderland mate. I feel crap but I just don't have the time to put into another snake. Feel sorry for him.

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  18:04:04  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage
I can deliver pretty much anywhere in the north east if someone is willing to put some time/money/effort into him.

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  18:11:14  Show Profile
its your call mate...im up in newcastle next week...or can pop up sooner if you are struggling.

I have only been keeping snakes for 18 months and have not had any with an RI before so i will understand if you would prefere him to go to someone with more experiance. But i got a spare set up ready to to go and lots of spare time.

the offer is there mate...if you are struggling to find some one to help him out...

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  18:22:13  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage
I can keep him dry until then (TBH I have found making their hides VERY VERY dry, as in less than 25% humidity helps, then increase it once or twice a week)

If no one else comes forward feel free to pm me and I'll sort handing it to yourself. TBH I have to think its prognosis is poor, I have helped snakes in the past without too many problems, but this one is VERY skinny AND has an RI....

I think an assist/force feed is going to happen this weekend as he NEEDS some energy in him. Anyone know where I can get critical care in the north east?

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  18:26:30  Show Profile
no worries mate...like i said the offer is there...hope the poor little guy is a fighter...

how big/old is he...?

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  20:01:05  Show Profile
I could not help with this, but i really hope that he can be saved, if its any help, when my snake had an RI he spent ALL of his time in his moss box, i think the moisture in there helped him to breath better.

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  20:03:16  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by dazb

no worries mate...like i said the offer is there...hope the poor little guy is a fighter...

how big/old is he...?

guessing by his size you would say VERY late 08 as he is as big as my 08 was when he was about 4 months old, but is ALOT lighter.
This is another royal with a concave underside and pronounced backbone.

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  20:07:27  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

I could not help with this, but i really hope that he can be saved, if its any help, when my snake had an RI he spent ALL of his time in his moss box, i think the moisture in there helped him to breath better.

I don't profess to be a snake pro, but from what I can gather the snake was kept in a VERY humid setup, the previous owner was told to seal the air vents up until it looked steamed up.........it's relly another case of bad husbandry caused by a shop not providing the right info.

The last snake I had with an RI I put in a very well ventilated, but not drafty viv, increased temps to highest that were safe and added critical care (as he wouldn't eat it allows SOME nutrients to pass into him). If I can get some critical care tomorrow I will.

Daz, if he is still here come next week gimme a call (PM me for my number)

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  20:47:18  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
if dazb doesn't take him on then i'll offer to.
BTW dazb if you see him and think he needs Baytril, ReptoBoost or Nutrobal let me know as i have some in

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  21:17:33  Show Profile
will do karl...keep us posted and good luck...

cheers GP for the offer...

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  21:54:24  Show Profile
i hope the poor little guy will pull through...wishing you all the best and keeping everything crossed for him that he will make it.

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  08:47:39  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I think you should have a go DazB- I think your experienced enough. You know loads about Royals.

R.Is aren't too serious has they can be treated with Baytril and should be gone in a week or so and you know all the tricks for non-feeders.

Plus if he proves to be more than you can handle you'll always have the Yorkshire crews support

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  10:44:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

I think you should have a go DazB- I think your experienced enough. You know loads about Royals.

R.Is aren't too serious has they can be treated with Baytril and should be gone in a week or so and you know all the tricks for non-feeders.

Plus if he proves to be more than you can handle you'll always have the Yorkshire crews support

Cheers kaz...

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  17:33:36  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage
Small update for you all......It's better than I thought I have to admit.

Ok, so he is small, and concave on his underside, BUT, the RI isn't really that bad (I have seen waaaay worse)
I have cleaned his mouth out and he drank for about 10 mins last night then poo'd and pee'd for about 5 mins.
Stool looked ok, so he must have eaten something at some point (was a cornsnake like birdish poo)

He has fight in him, as an assist feed is NOT going to happen (I had the mouse head in his neck and he is NOT eating it)

His mouth hasn't gunked back up since last night (more than likely the reason for the non feed as I did do too much at once)

He is now in an even smaller container than my faunariums and I checked him 10 mins ago and he seems fine.

Gonna leave a mouse in there tomorrow or Sunday and see how he gets on.

Still up for a new home, as I just don't have the space/will for another Royal. Daz, gis a shout when you are up and I can bring him to you.

On the positive side he has SUPERB skin, no marks at all, and a nice white patination on his neck, should be a pretty boy when he is older (which I think he is as his bits popped a touch when he was dumping)

Wife has called him "William".............oh dear

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  19:00:41  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
Glad to hear that the ri isnt that bad.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  19:55:31  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage
lol, just tried an old trick I used to do, slightly burst a mouse and dribbled some intestines into his mouth. Then left mouse in his hide. Mouse now gone, pity it was a fuzzy......(didn't wanna put him off). Woohoo

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  20:22:00  Show Profile
Karl i will be up in newcastle on thursday 16th and will happily take the little fella on and try and sort him out. will email you with my details but not sure if this on on here is working...wots your user name on RFUK...?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  20:32:09  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I think its Golgarth

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  21:00:43  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

I think its Golgarth

correct

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic