The Pilkington Handle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2012 :  12:56:39  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well we tried a new technique last night of doing a very long hold with Pilkington through the bites and ignoring his aggression.

The aim was 60 minutes, we lasted about 10, resulted in over 8 bites and full on open mouth hissing. Caught it on video but the file has corrupted! Nightmare!

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

Baobab
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1393 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2012 :  13:34:57  Show Profile  Send Baobab an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Has Pilkington always been so aggressive or is it just since he's been cohabiting with Pandora. I hope none of ours turn out grumpy little (I mean big) sods. Hope your new regime starts to calm him down.

Royal 8.0 - Piebald (Dipstick), Calico (Flake), Pinstripe (Copper), Kingpin het Hypo (Gabriel), Soulsucker (Morgoth), Clown (Ziggy), Phantom (Spook), Enchi( Stenchi) .................Royal 0.12 - Pastel (Elanor), Spider (Willow), Normal het pied (Loki),, Pastel Sterling Orange Hypo (Misty), Normal (WC parents) (Cinders), Pewter (Tinuviel), Yellowbelly (Kaiko), Mojave (Milly), Champagne (Bubbles), Fire (Flame), Karma paradox (Smudge), Amoretti (Rita).Boa's 2.2.1- Eowyn (common), Snuggles (BCC), Bonnie (BCC), Bear (BCL) & Baileys (Kahl strain)..........Western Hognose 0.0.2 - Timmy & Henry.
Coastal*diamond carpet python 0.0.1- Pippin.........Brazilian Rainbow Boa 0.0.1 - Badger..........Granite Burmese 0.1 - Sally
Reticulated python 2.2 - Saru (purple albino), Cheesy (Sunfire albino white), Titan (Platinum Titanium) & Gala (Sunfiretiger het albino)......Rat snake 1.0 Remmy.
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2012 :  13:52:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking the same thing Baobob if he wasn't this grumpy at the previous owners it may well be that he thinks your trying to get to his female so it's his way of saying " hey hairless ape put me back in with that fine looking lady or I'll eat your face" or he could just be a grumpy sod lol

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2012 :  14:27:43  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nah he's always been like it, he's just a bit of a so'n'so. I got him on the cheap because of it.

Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2012 :  15:59:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So the old sayings true you do only get what you pay for lol

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2012 :  17:15:05  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Got the video working now, can share to anyone who wants it but ask me privately I don't want it public

Go to Top of Page

markmifsud
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2012 :  21:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kelf, can I have a butchers please

1.1.0 Pastal Ball
1.0.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)
0.1.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)

Bromley. SE London
Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2012 :  21:14:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and me please

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2012 :  21:38:26  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Links sent :)

Go to Top of Page

Baobab
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1393 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2012 :  21:59:52  Show Profile  Send Baobab an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Would love a look also Kelf. Pretty please.

Royal 8.0 - Piebald (Dipstick), Calico (Flake), Pinstripe (Copper), Kingpin het Hypo (Gabriel), Soulsucker (Morgoth), Clown (Ziggy), Phantom (Spook), Enchi( Stenchi) .................Royal 0.12 - Pastel (Elanor), Spider (Willow), Normal het pied (Loki),, Pastel Sterling Orange Hypo (Misty), Normal (WC parents) (Cinders), Pewter (Tinuviel), Yellowbelly (Kaiko), Mojave (Milly), Champagne (Bubbles), Fire (Flame), Karma paradox (Smudge), Amoretti (Rita).Boa's 2.2.1- Eowyn (common), Snuggles (BCC), Bonnie (BCC), Bear (BCL) & Baileys (Kahl strain)..........Western Hognose 0.0.2 - Timmy & Henry.
Coastal*diamond carpet python 0.0.1- Pippin.........Brazilian Rainbow Boa 0.0.1 - Badger..........Granite Burmese 0.1 - Sally
Reticulated python 2.2 - Saru (purple albino), Cheesy (Sunfire albino white), Titan (Platinum Titanium) & Gala (Sunfiretiger het albino)......Rat snake 1.0 Remmy.
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2012 :  22:56:38  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sure . Do I have your facebook?

Go to Top of Page

Baobab
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1393 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2012 :  08:22:24  Show Profile  Send Baobab an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Have sent you a friend request on Facebook.

Go to Top of Page

badwool
Sub Adult

658 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2012 :  11:15:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you KNOW i want to see this

Go to Top of Page

frambo
Yearling

United Kingdom
228 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2012 :  15:32:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
me too!

0.0.3 Koi Carp
Go to Top of Page

Danno91
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
521 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2012 :  17:12:42  Show Profile  Click to see Danno91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't mind seeing this is possible I'll add you on Facebook now its Daniel Walters

http://www.facebook.com/DannosRoyalPythons?ref=hl
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2012 :  18:17:39  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
For those who have seen it: What do you reckon?
Those who have not, shall send it as soon as I get in contact with you.

I'm going to give him another 2-3 of those types of handles, to his breaking point kind of thing, and see if it has any effect. If not I may consider scrapping handling him.

Go to Top of Page

Baobab
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1393 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2012 :  18:48:49  Show Profile  Send Baobab an AOL message  Reply with Quote
20 out of 10 for patients, perseverance and courage. He's a BIG grumpy boy. Hopefully your new handling regime will start the calming process. Looking forward to hearing how it gets on.
Maybe he's grumpy because Pandora keeps nagging him to leave the toilet seat down, put out the rubbish, tidy up the viv etc,etc,etc. Which means he's going to take it out on you when he gets out.

Edited by - Baobab on 22/08/2012 18:49:37
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2012 :  19:05:37  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baobab

20 out of 10 for patients, perseverance and courage. He's a BIG grumpy boy. Hopefully your new handling regime will start the calming process. Looking forward to hearing how it gets on.
Maybe he's grumpy because Pandora keeps nagging him to leave the toilet seat down, put out the rubbish, tidy up the viv etc,etc,etc. Which means he's going to take it out on you when he gets out.

Lol! Well while it's a joke you're actually onto a lead, it is possible cohabiting doesn't agree with him, if it wasn't for the fact he was like it on his own before he came to me, and like it in various other vivariums as well I'd consider seperating them.

Go to Top of Page

Meadow
Yearling

United Kingdom
196 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2012 :  09:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baobab

Maybe he's grumpy because Pandora keeps nagging him to leave the toilet seat down, put out the rubbish, tidy up the viv etc,etc,etc.
Nagging to leave the toilet seat down HAS to be done! It's not natural to leave it up

Already told you this but will say it again - loved the vid, Kelf - anyone who's not seen it really should!

1.1.0 human beasties
0.1.0 royal python

“It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.” - Alan Cohen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000