latest news about George (21/08/12)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Beowulf1976
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2012 :  16:34:33  Show Profile  Visit Beowulf1976's Homepage  Click to see Beowulf1976's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
First of all, I need to report that George ended up moving to my friend's house, who managed to get him to eat, after 9 months of him fasting at our house. She set him up in a RUB with a heat mat and fed him live gerbils to start him eating again. He's now on rat weaners and only eats every three to four weeks. I THOUGHT that I had posted about the gutting tale of having to rehome George to my friend, as he just refused to eat here.

Anyway, my dearest friend bought George to see me yesterday, I realised how much I have really missed him. I'm the only one he will sit and chill on for an hour or more. It's almost as if he knows that I cannot chase round after him. I have missed him so so much.

I have decided that I really would like to have him back here with me. I am not going to faff around trying to get him back in a vivarium. I'm simply going to keep him in the exact way that my friend kept him, in a RUB on a heat mat, that way, in theory, he SHOULD continue to eat as he did with my friend. Obviously if he stops eating AGAIN, then he will HAVE to go back with my friend again. I'm hoping on all hopes that he DOES eat with us. I've missed him so much, I was almost in tears when I asked Simon if I could have him back and Simon said yes. :-)

I'm not sure when I am getting him back, but I'm hoping it will be real soon.

I will post again when he is back home with me.

Kind regards

Beo

0.1.0 Arizona Mountain King - Tehya
1.0.0 Turkish Van - Oscar
1.0.0 Labrador - Sam
0.1.0 Avicularia Metallica - Penelope

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2012 :  17:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good to hear hes now eating and hopefully he keeps eating for you when hes home

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

Baobab
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1393 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2012 :  19:03:35  Show Profile  Send Baobab an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear George will be moving back in. Hope he continues to eat once settled in.

Royal 8.0 - Piebald (Dipstick), Calico (Flake), Pinstripe (Copper), Kingpin het Hypo (Gabriel), Soulsucker (Morgoth), Clown (Ziggy), Phantom (Spook), Enchi( Stenchi) .................Royal 0.12 - Pastel (Elanor), Spider (Willow), Normal het pied (Loki),, Pastel Sterling Orange Hypo (Misty), Normal (WC parents) (Cinders), Pewter (Tinuviel), Yellowbelly (Kaiko), Mojave (Milly), Champagne (Bubbles), Fire (Flame), Karma paradox (Smudge), Amoretti (Rita).Boa's 2.2.1- Eowyn (common), Snuggles (BCC), Bonnie (BCC), Bear (BCL) & Baileys (Kahl strain)..........Western Hognose 0.0.2 - Timmy & Henry.
Coastal*diamond carpet python 0.0.1- Pippin.........Brazilian Rainbow Boa 0.0.1 - Badger..........Granite Burmese 0.1 - Sally
Reticulated python 2.2 - Saru (purple albino), Cheesy (Sunfire albino white), Titan (Platinum Titanium) & Gala (Sunfiretiger het albino)......Rat snake 1.0 Remmy.
Go to Top of Page

rockroyal
Yearling

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2012 :  20:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish u and george all the best I'll keep my fingers crossed he eats for u. I have a female royal that just would not eat while in a viv and as your friend did a put her into a rub and within 2 weeks she started feeding again. Some royals just don't like living in a viv

3.1.0 royal python
2.0.0 corn snake
0.1.0 western hognose
0.1.0 bci
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000