first refusal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Baobab
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1393 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2012 :  11:18:10  Show Profile  Send Baobab an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Feanor our year old common boa refused her first rat last night. She just perched on top of her feeding tub and stared at it. If I moved it about she would track it, but would not take it. Must have tried for seven or eight mins. Gave up trying to entice her with it, so had a fight with her to get her inside her tub and left the rat in with her for over an hour, but still no luck.
I stuck her back in her viv and was going to throw out the rat, but Jane suggested putting the rat in her viv for the night.
Her viv is in the bedroom with us, so I was woken up later by a thump and rustle of paper (had left the rat on some newspaper). Sure enough, the rat was gone this morning. Don't know why she wouldn't take it earlier, unless she wanted to keep it for a midnight snack.
I thought it was royals that were supposed to be awkward.

Royal 8.0 - Piebald (Dipstick), Calico (Flake), Pinstripe (Copper), Kingpin het Hypo (Gabriel), Soulsucker (Morgoth), Clown (Ziggy), Phantom (Spook), Enchi( Stenchi) .................Royal 0.12 - Pastel (Elanor), Spider (Willow), Normal het pied (Loki),, Pastel Sterling Orange Hypo (Misty), Normal (WC parents) (Cinders), Pewter (Tinuviel), Yellowbelly (Kaiko), Mojave (Milly), Champagne (Bubbles), Fire (Flame), Karma paradox (Smudge), Amoretti (Rita).Boa's 2.2.1- Eowyn (common), Snuggles (BCC), Bonnie (BCC), Bear (BCL) & Baileys (Kahl strain)..........Western Hognose 0.0.2 - Timmy & Henry.
Coastal*diamond carpet python 0.0.1- Pippin.........Brazilian Rainbow Boa 0.0.1 - Badger..........Granite Burmese 0.1 - Sally
Reticulated python 2.2 - Saru (purple albino), Cheesy (Sunfire albino white), Titan (Platinum Titanium) & Gala (Sunfiretiger het albino)......Rat snake 1.0 Remmy.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000