New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Falice
Yearling

United Kingdom
196 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2012 :  17:37:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok so i've been browsing this site for a long time now and it's almost time for me to get my first royal!
But first I have a quick question about bulbs, stats and surrey reptile supplies. At the moment I have an infrared bulb which i have had for a while from when i used to use bulbs for my corn, I also have a habistat dimming thermostat...but its broken. I only used it literally for one day before i decidid to get a mat for my corn instead, but kept the bulb and stat because i knew i was going to get another snake at some point.

Anyway my first question is, is an infrared bulb good for a royal or should i use a ceramic?

Also i don't know if i'm just being an idiot or not but i can't find out how to return to surrey reptile supplies, has anyone else here had to do it? the stat has been used for one day only and worked fine, but ive tested it a few times recently and the bulb just doesn't turn on when it's plugged into the stat, but when its not it works fine so i know it's not just the bulb. So i need to either get an exchange for a new one or exchange for a stat that will be suitable for a ceramic if that's what i decide to go for. (if someone could tell me what that suitable stat is that would be great )

I hope that made sense and sorry for the essay. Thanks!

1.0.0 Royal (Sir Cuthbert)
1.0.0 Corn (Trevor)
1.0.0 C0ckatiel (Baldwin)

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2012 :  18:11:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and congrats for your future purchase, if your going to use the infa red bulb which is fine by the way you'll need a dimming stat if you haven't got one, for a ceramic you'd need a pulse proportional stat.

Is the stat a habitat or other and how long have you had it cause if it's a habistat and you've had it for longer than a month you'll have to send it back to habistat to be exchanged or fixed, as far as the problem with it goes it sounds as though it's the same problem another member had and was told by habistat that something had burnt out so they would fix it once it was sent back to them. Hope that helps

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

Falice
Yearling

United Kingdom
196 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2012 :  18:56:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a habistat yea and i've had it for longer than a month. I'll contact them as soon as i can then, thanks for ur help =]

1.0.0 Royal (Sir Cuthbert)
1.0.0 Corn (Trevor)
1.0.0 C0ckatiel (Baldwin)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000