Page: of 3

Hana
Snake Mite

20 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  19:12:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

are you far from Stoke?

would you allow someone else to help out?

Well the person that i am waiting to hear from is in stoke so its not too far, just a trip down the m6 lol.

I have had some offers from other people to help aswell, but obviously these snakes become part of your family and you dont just want to ship them off to any tom****or harry
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  19:16:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
someone else might tell you not to do this, as it can stress the snake out, but since she's not eating already, i dont think it would stop me.
have you tried giving her a bath?
My royal has a moss hide in the viv all the time and it's the one he uses the most, but i swear by a bath, both times he has had one, he has shed the same night, eyecaps and all.
once the eyecaps are gone i would offer a feed a couple of days later- you might find she snaps it up.

Edited by - MissCat on 28/05/2009 19:18:33
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  19:23:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree with Cat on the bath, was also going to suggest putting the moss box in between the hot and cold end...

is the person in Stoke Roewammi?

i just tried to get hold of her for you to see if she could help you with the eyecaps.....

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Hana
Snake Mite

20 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  19:30:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MissCat

someone else might tell you not to do this, as it can stress the snake out, but since she's not eating already, i dont think it would stop me.
have you tried giving her a bath?
My royal has a moss hide in the viv all the time and it's the one he uses the most, but i swear by a bath, both times he has had one, he has shed the same night, eyecaps and all.
once the eyecaps are gone i would offer a feed a couple of days later- you might find she snaps it up.

Ill try the bath then, i was still going with the no handling policy but if it helps its worth a try
Go to Top of Page

Hana
Snake Mite

20 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  19:32:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Agree with Cat on the bath, was also going to suggest putting the moss box in between the hot and cold end...

i just tried to get hold of her for you to see if she could help you with the eyecaps.....

Hi, nah its not someone from ****-the unmentionable site lol- also recommended her but i havent spoke to her and dont want to come across rude by just piping up from nowhere
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  19:34:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you dont really need to handle her per say you can just pop her in a pillow case and do it that way, i tend to transfer him to the bath in a pillowcase, and leave it on a towel island in the middle, he comes out for a swim for a bit, then i let him run around on a towel afterwards. last time he ended up chilling out up my trouserleg for a bit lol
as i said, handling her will probably stress her out, so will bathing her, but the usual reaction to stress is not eating... which she's already doing. personally i would want to deal with the eyecaps first as that might be the cause of the non feeding :p

Edited by - MissCat on 28/05/2009 19:36:24
Go to Top of Page

Hana
Snake Mite

20 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  19:46:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

you dont really need to handle her per say you can just pop her in a pillow case and do it that way, i tend to transfer him to the bath in a pillowcase, and leave it on a towel island in the middle, he comes out for a swim for a bit, then i let him run around on a towel afterwards. last time he ended up chilling out up my trouserleg for a bit lol
as i said, handling her will probably stress her out, so will bathing her, but the usual reaction to stress is not eating... which she's already doing. personally i would want to deal with the eyecaps first as that might be the cause of the non feeding :p

I spoke to someone n a rep shop that said there is a possibilty she could be blind as the caps have been on there for a while, they were there when i bought her, i just didnt have the intiative to realise that this is what they were so god knows how long before that she shed
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  19:47:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes it's a possibility, My royals were on there for a good 6 months thouhg and he doesn't seem to have had any ill effects, so don't worry a HUUUUUGE amount about it, til you know for sure :p
Go to Top of Page

Hana
Snake Mite

20 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  19:51:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

yes it's a possibility, My royals were on there for a good 6 months thouhg and he doesn't seem to have had any ill effects, so don't worry a HUUUUUGE amount about it, til you know for sure :p

stupid question but how would i know??
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  19:52:20  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sounds like you're doing all the right things, the current faun doesn't seem overly big but i would definitely go with matty's suggestion of covering the back and sides of the faun so it feels less open. have you tried feeding at different times of day? mine would only feed early morning initially.

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  20:02:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hana

quote:

Hi, nah its not someone from ****-the unmentionable site lol- also recommended her but i havent spoke to her and dont want to come across rude by just piping up from nowhere

i will send you a pm when i am back on the pc....

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Hana
Snake Mite

20 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  20:05:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has just dawned on me that my corn has got a digi thermometer so i put it is and the warm side it 33.1c and the cool side is 25c
Go to Top of Page

koreybum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  20:40:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
u r not alone. ive had my snake around the same time as you, and mine has only eat 1 mouse pinkie in all that time. i'm also trying everything i can think of, but am getting no closer. i live in west bromwich, not far from you, just wondered if you bought your snake from a pet shop in great barr as i did?
Go to Top of Page

Hana
Snake Mite

20 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  08:41:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by koreybum

u r not alone. ive had my snake around the same time as you, and mine has only eat 1 mouse pinkie in all that time. i'm also trying everything i can think of, but am getting no closer. i live in west bromwich, not far from you, just wondered if you bought your snake from a pet shop in great barr as i did?

nope i didnt, i got it from nottingham.It was a choice between her or a boa and because she was the last one i decided to have her-still dont regret it, i am just more stressed out now than i was then haha
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  09:04:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah when she gets all shed and eating again you will be alright :D
Go to Top of Page

Hana
Snake Mite

20 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  19:22:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

ah when she gets all shed and eating again you will be alright :D

I know, it just seems never ending at the minute but i guess thats the reason we keep these snakes. if we werent worrying about these we would be worrying about something else lol
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  20:32:32  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
[brif we werent worrying about these we would be worrying about something else lol

very good point, that soooo true!

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  22:01:52  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

quote:
[brif we werent worrying about these we would be worrying about something else lol

very good point, that soooo true!

royals are bred to make worry

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Hana
Snake Mite

20 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  09:50:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it must be their purpose in life lol, aswell as being very pretty.

Oo oo oo oo, i have some really good news, I took pip to a girl in stoke yesterday fro her to help pip start feeding again and before i had even got home i had a message to say she had got her eyecaps off and pip had ate a pinkie,

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY go pip haha
Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  15:21:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent news Hana...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic