help!! possible regurge again?????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robbie_dee
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  23:12:32  Show Profile  Click to see robbie_dee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi a bit of advice maybe required here folks. i think ronnie has regurged her meal again. both ronnie and reggie had a pinky mouse followed by a fuzzy on 9/8 but ronnie regurged on the 2/8 also now im not sure if she has done it again! i have found what looks like half a mouse near the water bowl and have taken it out straight away for further inspection. unfortunatly it has become stuck to the grass pellet substrate and is quite hard to make out what it is. what are the main reasons for regurging? and do i need to get her looked at?

Edited by - robbie_dee on 11/08/2009 23:44:49

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  07:15:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There could be a few things really...

first i take it you are cohabitating 2 royals...I would firstly seperate them straight away in case one is ill to help prevent/reduce the chance of passing to the other one. Also by doing this you can monitor them and figure out which one is regurging...

Can you just give us a breif guide of your set up please...temps, heat source, no. of hides, size of viv etc to see if we can spot anything that may be causing you this problem...

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  07:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On top of what Daz has said,

if you have a regurge, you need to leave the snake for 10 days before attempting to offer another meal, then if they take that ok and dont regurge offer a meal seven days after ..

can i ask why you are only feeding them pinkies anyway? was it because of the regurge last time?

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

robbie_dee
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  08:18:40  Show Profile  Click to see robbie_dee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok set up. 3ft viv temps 32-5 c basking end and about 25 c cool end lots of hides 3 hot end and 2 cool end with plenty of fake plants all over the place to hide behind ohhh and a lot of log things. heat source ive got a lamp with a microclimate b1 with the magic eye thing got the sensor on the substrate under the heat source. yeah we are cohabitating both they honestly dont seen to mind each other no sings of agression towards each other and both in seperate hides. they were both fed at the rep shop both were fed a pinky and then he followed on with a fuzzy when they were eating the pinkys because of feeding probs we had before. i hope that covers things haha your help would be greatly appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

robbie_dee
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  08:22:39  Show Profile  Click to see robbie_dee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
one thing also i have saved the regurge in a little pot it looks like only half a mouse if that with only a little foot showing i thought it was a crap to start with but on closer inspection really didnt look like it at all. but still not sure lol

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  08:45:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by robbie_dee

ok set up. 3ft viv temps 32-5 c basking end and about 25 c cool end lots of hides 3 hot end and 2 cool end with plenty of fake plants all over the place to hide behind ohhh and a lot of log things. heat source ive got a lamp with a microclimate b1 with the magic eye thing got the sensor on the substrate under the heat source. yeah we are cohabitating both they honestly dont seen to mind each other no sings of agression towards each other and both in seperate hides. they were both fed at the rep shop both were fed a pinky and then he followed on with a fuzzy when they were eating the pinkys because of feeding probs we had before. i hope that covers things haha your help would be greatly appreciated.

you really should seperate , you dont know which one is regurging to start with, and also if it is or was anything bad you could end up losing both or even worse one could kill the other and it has happened before with royals..

cool end temps could come up a bit...how are you measuring cool end as you said "about" is it with a digital thermometer?

what feeding probs did you have before?

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

robbie_dee
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  08:58:43  Show Profile  Click to see robbie_dee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah i use a digi thermometer at both ends. i saw ronnie the female regurge last time so i sort of have my suspisions that it might be her again but not 100% because i didnt see it this time. feeding probs we had before was she didnt want to feed i have got a full record of their feeding before we got them and she had only fed once pervious on 31/7 shed on the 27/7 he has fed more on the 24/7 pup 25/7 fuzzy strike 31/7 fuzzy strike then again 9/8 and shed 4/8

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  09:43:17  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Your temps sound fine. As Anne has said, leave for 10 days to allow the stomach to settle before feeding again. I would highly recommend separating them in case one is ill. It could also be that the stress of them living together is causing one to regurge. They are solitary animals and whilst you may not notice any aggression it doesn't mean that one of them isn't upset by the situation.

For your information too, a Royal should never need a pinky or a fuzzy, hatchlings can go straight onto small mice, or ideally, rat pups.

Good luck.

Go to Top of Page

robbie_dee
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  09:54:50  Show Profile  Click to see robbie_dee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im not actually sure what they are calles but they do look like they are quite large not like little pup mice they are the same width as the largest part of the snakes girth they had been eating these at the shop when we got them. i will have to learn the differences between the different types of mice lol there are loads and it confuses me sometimes, not that it is hard to confuse me tho lol

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  18:04:14  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
TBH issues like temps/co-habiting/stress should have been resolved immediately after the first regurge then these reasons could be ruled out if a subsequent regurge happened.....
if a second regurge ocurred it would definitely be better to get it investigated by an exotics vet

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

robbie_dee
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  20:30:12  Show Profile  Click to see robbie_dee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thank u ginger but she had the same sort of stress before the second regurge well traveling from the shop where she was fed back home i am going to leave her for 10 days till she feeds again then see what happens i am also going to seperate them and see if that helps just want to rule everything out if u know what i mean. it can be a bit worrying tho not knowing what is causing the problem but she will deffo be going to the hep vets if the same happens again next time thats for sure.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000