Fur stuck in teeth
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

blundey
Hatchling

86 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2009 :  19:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a quicky! My royal missed the head of the rat and grabbed an ear. It got its teeth stuck on the ear, but managed to tear itself away and eat the rat fine. But when it had its mouth open on the last part of the feeding process i noticed he had some fur/ear stuck in the left hand side of its jaw. I think its fur, and you can not see the fur when the mouth is closed.

Will this fur break down on its own, or am i going to have to get him in a headlock and see if there is anything I can do?

I cant be the only person to have this happen...what did you do?

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2009 :  19:08:28  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Leave him to settle while his food digests and check it in 3-4 days, more than likely the snake will sort it on its own.

Edited by - karl on 31/08/2009 19:11:31
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2009 :  20:17:35  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
will probably shift on it's own.i wouldnt worry.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2009 :  21:36:22  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if it's still there when he's digested his meal you could try removing it.......

grasp him just behind his head, carefully over his lower jaw with a pen top or similar, and remove the offending fluff with tweezers.......... easily said but may be a 2 person job in reality!

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

blundey
Hatchling

86 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2009 :  22:50:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks, will give it a few days and maybe feed him to see if i can see it. If all is well, im hoping its just fur, and it will go on its own. Last thing I want is mouth rot or something! However he did get his teeth stuck in that ear good, so hpoefully nothings snapped or anything. Ill see maybe if i can do a manual check in a few days.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000