Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Heffa
Yearling

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  10:09:57  Show Profile  Click to see Heffa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh right, my holes are scattered all over the lid and only have about 20, then 20 on each end. So I will drill some more holes. I may just go and get another rub and drill the holes like you have. Heffa is in a 9L rub, tho as she is a fatty. I am going to weigh and measure her tomorrow, cant do today as she was had her feed yesterday and is settled.

Just a quick question, I took a small mouse out on Monday night about 6pm and let it defrost on top of her viv, till 6pm last night. Is this too long to defrost a mouse for, as the mouse looked a bit fat, and im hoping the length of time hasnt done anything to it, made it gassy or anything.

Im sorry guys, im a worrier as you have probably noticed. :(

So just to confirm, what temp would you suggest i put the matstat on and leave it on - about 88-90 or more around 85?

GEPowditch
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  10:54:18  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I get mine out in the morning and feed in the evening. 24 hours is on the limit imo.

I don't think there's a great deal of difference in floor space between a 4L and 9L, the 9L has more height though.

Go to Top of Page

Heffa
Yearling

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  11:00:02  Show Profile  Click to see Heffa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok. So she should be ok then, she hasnt regurgitated it, and I assume if there was anything wrong with it, she would have puked it up. Was just a bit worried, as she seems to have gone all lazy lol... after her last feed, she was still raring to go and moving about, but after last nights feed, she has just stayed under the hot hide. I ges this could be because it was a bigger feed than last week and she is full up like Spor suggested.

GEPowditch
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  13:20:03  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yep.

Go to Top of Page

Heffa
Yearling

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  13:35:03  Show Profile  Click to see Heffa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Cool....thanks for that. I spoke to my local reptile vet as going to get her checked over and resexed, as she has quite large spors by her vent, which when reading up, suggests she may be a male, maybe im wrong lol.

He said to leave her till tomorrow, which will be a couple of days since her feed and see how responsive she is with tongue flicking. If she isnt interested then he would like to see her, but he did suggest the 24 defrost shouldnt have made a difference. You guys have put my mind at ease and I do appreciate it :)

GEPowditch
Go to Top of Page

Heffa
Yearling

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  13:45:07  Show Profile  Click to see Heffa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
spoke to sis, and she had a quick look into the rub, she still under the hot hide, but she tongue flicking now, which is such a good sign for me. :)

GEPowditch
Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  22:01:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looking at that the humidity probe is next to the water bowl, if it is id move it. mine was at 89% and i been thinking how to get it down, iv put the probe in the warm side and its on 52% at the momnt, im guessing its higher in the cool side because the water bowl is there.
i dont know if this is right but hopefully someone can correct me if im wrong.

neil
Go to Top of Page

Heffa
Yearling

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  09:40:15  Show Profile  Click to see Heffa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i only have humidity dial, which i had on the back wall, in the middle. The digital one is on its way, when it arrives, i will do as you suggest and put the probe at the back on the warm side.

I woke up this morning and she was all lively and had her head on the top of the cool side (Red box hide). It makes me laugh when she does that, as there isnt much room between the top of the hide and the lid.

I have the windows and fan on today, so the 85% humidity level this morning hopefully will drop a little by the time I get home :)

GEPowditch
Go to Top of Page

boze
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  13:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MInd if shes not tongue flicking its more likely shes sleeping, rather than something being wrong with her

D

0.1.0. Royal (Salmissra)
0.0.1. Western Hognose (Spiderman)

quote:
Originally posted by ruxpin64
I'm so happy I may lay on my back and pee in the air like a baby!

Go to Top of Page

Heffa
Yearling

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  14:28:48  Show Profile  Click to see Heffa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Handled her for a little bit last night and she was tonguw flicking and seemed happy.

She still looks quite fat after her meal on tuesday, and her vent looked quite swollen and squishy, does this mean she could be ready to unload?

I have noticed from other people's topics, that they either use a mat or a bulb, I am using both.

My mat i have on on/off thermo at 88, i have the "red bulb" 40W on for about 12 hours a day and the temps are about 86-90 in hot and 74 to 78 on cold. Would you say this is suitable temps or should I convert to a stronger Bulb and get a different thermostat?

What do you guys think?

Hygrometer is on its way, I am still putting more holes in the rub to bring humidity down as still about 75 to 80%, but have the fan on allday and if not too cold, the window open as well.

GEPowditch
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000