boo going to college???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  13:18:47  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a strange topic title i know

In college we are studying the anatomy and life of snakes, and at the moment on domestication and husbandry of snakes. The college was wondering whether Boo could come into the college, for all to see.

Its a 20 minute journey to college, and I would only be there for an hour, so she would be out for 1hr 40mins. Will she be ok without heat for this time(her viv takes time to clean when it is drying after discinfecting, so she is used to no heat for periods of time).

alternatively do you say go ahead, or dont do it, cause i dont want to stress her out, even though she is always up and about and spends loads of time out of her vivarium in my bedroom.

ruxpin64
Hatchling

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:54:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
alternatively you could get a small rub or some sort of plastic type travel box and take the heat with you? as for stress i wouldnt know, but wouldnt quote me as im no expert tho lol :P
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  16:45:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she might well get stressed out, could be down to her though, and you know her better than we do.
Does the college have other snakes (or animals) there? mine does, and i would not be allowed to take any of my pets in because of the contamination risks (i have already asked lol) If you do take her in you can use a WARM (not hot) hot water bottle wrapped in a towel for a bit of extra warmth. Dont forget to make sure that anyone who comes into contact with Boo washes their hands before and after.
Go to Top of Page

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  19:34:34  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The college does not have any other animals asides from their goldfish, I have assured them that Boo does not like Sushi for her dinner.
The travel arrangements for the RUB can be all sorted out, and the hot water bottle thing will be no problem at all to sort out.
Thanks a lot, I will know if she is stressed. Hopefully she bites the person I least like in the class
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  19:37:12  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've taken some of mine into my son's school, but I only take the ones I know will be ok with it.

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  19:39:43  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have taken Stig a few places for more than 2hrs without heat. Remember your body heat when holding is more than they need. So long as you make sure your the only one to handle the snake you should be fine (some people just will not listen and things can happen that shouldn't)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000