New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davethecarpman
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  10:47:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news the new Royal has just fed, only thing it took it backward but seemed to go down very quickly

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  11:35:48  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe it was a bit small for him?

I always super-heat the head with a hair drier to help them aim.

Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  13:38:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that with Princess I could super-heat the head, paint a bulls-eye on it, and strap a laser to her forehead and she'd still miss!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  16:36:34  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris100575

I think that with Princess I could super-heat the head, paint a bulls-eye on it, and strap a laser to her forehead and she'd still miss!

Even when I am assisting I have known Alice to turn them and eat backwards, strange snake.....

Go to Top of Page

davethecarpman
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  16:51:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that, as Blackecho said the mouse might be to small so taking he's advice and going to try a rat next feed.
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  17:43:01  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great news Dave, my corn used to eat them side ways. As long as they initially can swallow it, which yours did, its fine.

Yeah try a rat. have you weighed him? You can guage what he can cope with from that? Adult mice I buy are normally 25-35g, small rat wieners are average 40g or so.

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

bengy_s
Yearling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  17:46:59  Show Profile  Send bengy_s an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah from your last thread (just looked back over it) he's 6 months and 2 feet. I'd guess he would be quite suited to small wieners. Always good to keep a food diary, also keeping note of shed patterns, weight records (I even note when he does a number 2!) Its good to see any patterns and if (its inevitable at some point) he does go off his food you can tell if he is losing or keeping his weight ok through the non-feed period.

R.I.P Chester
Go to Top of Page

davethecarpman
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  23:15:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot bengy i hav'ent weighed him yet the info you gave on records is usefull thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000