New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

matty198111
Yearling

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2009 :  21:58:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you finished reading this try to stop laughing and remember i do really love my bike so its not all bad.

well here goes.
for the last 4 weeks ive been building a shed in the garden, gotta to be honest its a bloody big shed, the plan was to have it as a rep shed.

i insulated it with real sheep wool that i got cheapish, plaster boarded taped and jointed then decorated it in what i think is me snakes favourite colour lol, got all the air circulation, lighting, spot on. set up 4 vivs 1 in each corner and monitored the heat for 3 weeks and they were all holding.
i put heating in the shed and its holding temp same as my living room.

i even put a freezer, radio, and my favourite calander in there.

now i made it really secure, the windows are double glazed and the door is a top security door.

then i came in doors looked out the window admiring my work and thought, if some little toe rag wanted to get in there, he will do all it takes to succeed, so i bottled it and put me motorbike in there, the snakes are now being moved, all i gotta do now is take the cupboard out from under the stairs and build some nice units.

good job im pretty useful with a drill and chisel lol

mat

ookami
Yearling

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2009 :  22:09:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
personaly i dont blame you i dont think id like to keep reps outside (too cold to go out at the mo lol)
but look on the bright side,,,,,,,,,,,your bike has a nice cosy home,a radio and a nice calander to look at!!!!!!!!

0.0.1 royal python 09
0.0.1 sunglow corn snake
0.2.0 kids 09 & 00
1.1.0 bearded pygmy chameleons
2 GALS
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2009 :  22:10:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha Put some photos up of it anyway. What about putting in an alarm? Many venomous keepers do this with their outbuildings.

Go to Top of Page

matty198111
Yearling

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2009 :  22:11:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ookami

personaly i dont blame you i dont think id like to keep reps outside (too cold to go out at the mo lol)
but look on the bright side,,,,,,,,,,,your bike has a nice cosy home,a radio and a nice calander to look at!!!!!!!!

yeah it is cold outside i agree, the shed is lovely and warm though, was just trying to think if i could get the bed out there but i dont think she will stand for that lol

mat
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2009 :  06:36:34  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol @ Mat!

Go to Top of Page

kashie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
567 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2009 :  09:17:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wot about an alarm system???

01.01.00 Whippets - Dylan and Tigger
01.01.00 AfricanGreys - Jasper and Ruby
00.00.15 KoiCarp
01.01.00 RoyalPython -Ebanks Blake and Gladysss
01.00.00 MojaveRoyal - Kelso
01.00.00 AlbinoRoyal - Ziggy
00.01.00 PastelRoyal - Phyllisss
00.01.00 SpiderRoyal - Wincey
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2009 :  09:56:35  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd not sleep at night - I worry about my babies when they are safe in the house never mind if they were in the shed

Now all you've got to worry about is that the neighbours don't section you for insulating and decorating your shed for a bike

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2009 :  16:24:29  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wish I had the energy, lol. At least the bike shouldn't freeze up in the winter too easily ;) and you now have a little sanctuary

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000